VI

The minute the gate slid open we were faced with loads of men bearing hatchets and axes.

Curtis threw his arm in front of me pulling me behind him, protecting me.

I watched as they passed a fish to the front, dipping their weapons into its blood.

"Be careful." Curtis spoke.

"Yeah," Edgar whispered.

"You too." I said pulling out my machete.

We ran forward, I sliced or stabbed anyone in my path.

Two men came running toward me as I spun in a circle, slitting both of their necks.

I turned in concern to see Curtis fall to ground, I waited before seeing his head pop back up, before barely blocking the hatchet racing toward my head.

I held my machete against his hatchet with all my strength, watching it slip slowly.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Curtis, coming to my rescue. He whacked his abdomen with an axe as we ran further down to car.

"Thanks." I whispered, running forward.

I stood next to Curtis, Edgar on the other side of him, as we continued to slice and hit from the font lines.

"Team 2 move! Move forward!" I heard orders from both Curtis and Edgar as I continued to fight for my life before everyone stopped.

"Passing Yekaterina Bridge! Passing Yekaterina Bridge!" Fuyu yelled.

"Shit! We're at the bridge, guys!" I yelled.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Happy New Year!" They all yelled, as I rolled my eyes.

"Fucking hate getting old, fucking hate it." Edgar said, exasperatedly.

I looked out the windows along with Curtis, seeing the snow mountain that had grown over tracks. Oh god.

"Everybody down!"

"Hang On!" Curtis yelled as he grabbed me and pulled me down, holding me close to his chest.

"IMPACT!"

"Not yet! A second one!"

"Stay down."

"Nam, what are you doing man? What are you doing?" Edgar screamed, as He carried his daughter to the window then turned to us, "He's high as a fucking kite." He finished.

I felt the second impact hit the train with a large force, as the train derailed, traveling only on one side, as it fell and his the tracks hard.

"Here it comes. Safe passage!
Safe passage!"

"Come on, give it to me!" I heard Mason's disgusting voice, reaching for a microphone as she cleared her throat, "One two three one."

"Happy Yekaterina Bridge, you filthy ingrates! You people, who if not for the benevolent Wilford, would have frozen solid 18 years ago today! You people, who have sucked on the generous titty of Wilford ever since, for food and shelter! And now... in front of our hallowed water supply section, no less, you repay his kindness with violent hooliganism? You scumbs. Precisely 74% of you shall die!" Mason dragged on another speech as Curtis chunked his axe at her, but the younger Franco blocked it before hitting her.