Hidden Beauty Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Brice, leave me alone! We are done!" I yelled screaming at my about -to be- ex-boyfriend.

"I promise you it's not what it looked like!" I was in my car and drove off as soon as those repeated words came out of his mouth. The first. And definitely the last.

My life was not so perfect. I mean I had a bunch of friends, but they were all boys. They weren't always the best people in the world, but they was there for me...sometimes. I had no mom or dad. They died in a plane crash about three years ago, a few days after my thirteenth birthday. So now I lived here with my twenty year old sisters. We came from a poor family, and we will still remained a poor family. Unfortunately, my sister worked at a restaurant from 9am to 10pm doing her doubles. So most of the time I was playing a video game, working, sleeping, exercising, or listening to music. Music has always been a big part of my life. I always listened to it when I was happy or upset. Either one goes. I don't like to show my face that much, or talk to people. As for my physical appearance? I was skinny, not a boney skinny, but perfect. My eyes gave out a blue look that rather seemed weird on me because of my skin tone, which was a tan caramel color. My Indian hair was raven black, and for my style. Hidden.

"Look at what Neela's got on the morning," the boys teased. I had on an a dark blue, plain Hot topic hoodie with tripp black lace-up dark street pants, and some black and white chuck taylors.

"If you would just show us how you look under the hoodie maybe we would stop bothering ya!" Logan said.

Yup, you heard him right. I've been friends with them for eight months and I never exposed my whole face to them, and eight months of no face? I was getting tired of this. Without further or due, I exposed my face and my black hair to all of them. They all gaped.

"What? What happened?" I looked behind me sarcastically acting like I had no clue what they were gaping about.

"What the hell, Neela!" Collin said recovering from shock.

"What did I do? Am I ugly or something? Because if I am, I swear I'll put the hoodie back on."

"You're perfect!" Mason said. I guess I was going to keep it down for the rest of the day, because I tried putting it back up and Logan grabbed my hand and put it back.

"Lord Jesus, when Austin sees this he's going to flip!" Logan said.

"Why?" I asked. Just then Austin came up to us and started talking to Collin not noticing me just yet. And yes, I do like Austin. He had beautiful soft, green eyes and black hair that hung over them and a huge, muscled body. His skin was tan from working out on the football field.

"What are you starring at?" he said to Collin still not recovering from shock. They he peered over and saw me.

"Oh my God." he stated. I blushed, but it didn't show that much. Thank god.

"Why do you all keep looking at me like that!" I asked. And before anyone could same anything Samantha ran up to Austin and started kissing him. I know what your thinking. Why do the ones that the girls always like have to have a girlfriend? Well, unfortunately that's life. I mean Logan was built, and had dark brown eyes with seemed to be always pale skin, but he wasn't my cup of tea. As for Collin? Collin was okay. He was tall and skinny but very popular, but also didn't stand out to me. Mason, was to much of a player. He was hot and all but still didn't fit right.

"Hey Hon-" she cut off looking at me. "Who are you?" she asked.

"That's N-Neela," Collin said just recovering.

"Neela White?" she screamed in shock.

"Yeah." I said.

"Neela White is unknown to the human species, so I know for a fact you're not her." I was about to throw a punch when Mason stepped in front of me.

"I think we should go." Mason said. He grabbed my hand, and I walked into the school with Logan, Collin, and Mason leaving Austin behind. As much as I hated to say it, I loved Austin. He teased me the most but was always the sweetest. Austin was the only one who remembered my birthday, other then my sister. He was always the best.

I walked to my locker, and slammed my head against it gently a few times. Now everyone is starring at me. Ugh, just my luck.

I opened my locker and starred ransacking it looking for my calculus text book. This sucks eggs!

"Aren't you Neela White?" I heard a voice say. I turned around to see the school's jock standing right in front of me. Carter Thomas.

"Umm yes." I said curiously.

"Well I was wondering if -"

"Hey sweetie!" I heard a familiar voice say. Austin wrapped his arm around me and kissed my head lightly. What the hell is going on?

"Is he your boyfriend?" Carter asked confusingly. I was about to answer no when Austin interrupted me. Again.

"Yes, yes I am. What can I do for you Thomas?"

"Nevermind." Thomas walked off quickly, already telling someone we were dating. WHAT THE HELL!?!!?

"What was that?" I asked furiously. I wasn't mad at Austin for doing that, but I was mad at him because he was now just showing feelings for me! Men..I don't understand them.

"Oh come on! He's the school's man hoe! I couldn't let you date that!"

"Why did you tell him we were dating? You could've just pulled me over and interrupted him!" He pondered for a moment and then said something really stupid.

"Cause I felt like it!" he said. That was Austin's last words before he walked off. He is so weird. I noticed I was the only one in the hallway when I felt a hand come over my mouth.

"Don't scream" Mason whispered angrily.

Leave messages! And tell me if you think I should keep writing! THANKS! And should I make a website with upcoming stories. PLEASE TELL ME! I need to know these things. HAHA