three

"Cameron!?," I said as I opened the door and attempted to use the kitchen towel as an impromptu-hijab.

He stares at me for a couple seconds until he finally realizes-

"OH MY GOD! Maryam? I didn't recognize you with that thing on your head."

"Yeah last time I saw you was in fifth grade! Come in, remember Cristina? She's here too," I exclaimed.

"Oh, I was kinda in the middle of making breakfast and realized we didn't have any salt and was wondering if our neighbors did."

"Wow, we're neighbors again! After like ten years and yes we do have some salt. Come in, I'll get some for you."

As I'm pouring some salt into a paper cup, Cristina finally walks in.

"Oh my god, Cameron?," she says almost in shock.

"Hey! Cristina! Nice to see you again, you look really good."

I bet Cristina is dying right now; Cameron was her first crush ever!

"Thanks! So do you, finally got rid of that bowl haircut I see," Cristina says with a wink.

Cameron laughs, "you're one to talk, bugs bunny!"

"Oh gosh, you haven't changed a bit, but thank god for braces."

"Really missed you guys, wanna meet up for dinner later?"

I finally chime in, "Yes! I'll cook! Come over around 7."

"Okay great, can I bring my roommate? We have no food in our house."

"Uh sure," I reply hesitantly.

"See you then, thanks for the salt," Cameron smiles as he closes the door behind me.

*a few seconds later*

"OMG, MARYAM IM DYING! I CANT BELIEVE HOW CALMLY I HANDLED THAT"

"Haha yeah you did, but your face is as red as this cherry tomato," I say as I eat it.

Cristina rolls her eyes and sits down to eat. We eat our breakfast while rewatching Grey's Anatomy for the eight time.