'Switzerland Disaster' Part 1. |Abigail|

"Are you ready babe?" Stephen asks me for what feels like the 100th time.

"Stephen, honey, you asked me that 5 minutes ago and it's still the same answer." I stand in front of the mirror, clipping my earring back on.

"By the time you're finished we're going to miss our flight, Abigail," he shouts.

"Did you even put the suitcases in the car already?" I ask.

"I did when you told me to the first 50 times." he says, sarcastically.

Instead of responding, I look at my outfit one last time in the mirror second guessing if I should change my white blouse, considering white gets stained easily.

"But if I change my blouse then I'd have to change my shoes as well." I think out loud.

"Abigail, we have to go or else we'll miss our flight!" I hear Stephen say as his heavy foot steps stop at my front door.

"Okay, Okay, fine. Lets go," I finally give in, snatching my keys of my dresser.

Stephen and I were planning to go to the wonderful country of Switzerland. Even though it wasn't off season for my basketball husband, he found a way to get time off. He claimed the first thing he wanted to do was 'get away from this cold weather.' He persuaded me to go on a 3 day 'baecation' to this resort in a city called Zürich . When he first told me about it it sounded too good to be true. But I eventually gave because, honestly, I'd go anywhere with this man.

As we approach outside to our white Range Rover I see the suitcases still not packed in the car.

"Wardell," I whine "I thought you told me you put the suitcases in the car already."

"Well I would've if they weren't so heavy... I mean really Abigail," He walks closer to them, attempting to pick the black suitcase up. "What do you have in here? A body?" He tried to joke. 

"Look, you need to get them in the car or else we'll be late for our flight." I mock him, opening the door. "I mean you're a basketball player for crying out loud you should have some upper body strength."

"Yeah, but I'm not Superman," he says, causing me to chuckle.

"Well, I'll be in the car till you figure it out." I say.
~
"Great" he huffs, referring to the large amount of traffic following ahead of us.

"Why don't you just use the GPS to find another way to get to the airport ?" I ask.

"Because, for the 50th time, it might take us to the wrong airport." My husband rolls his eyes.

"Its a god damn navigation system, how the hell is it going take us to the wrong airport? Stephen we're going to be even more late if you don't get some type of help. Besides I don't understand how you don't know your way to the airport by now. You've lived in L.A. basically your whole life. "

"I mean, we wouldn't be  sitting here if you didn't take so much time upstairs doing God knows what."

"Excuse me?" I ask, taken aback by his words. "You can't seriously be blaming this all on me."

"Well, first you wake up late, then you take forever to get breakfast after we could've just got it at the airport. Then take the longest shower, as if we have all the time in the world. Then take another hour to simply pick an outfit out," he shrugs his shoulders.

"Maybe if you put the suitcases in the car like I had asked, we wouldn't be in this situation."

"Putting the suitcases in the trunk only took me five minutes!" He slightly raises his voice.

"It took you so much more than that Stephen.  Don't flip this around on me! " I raise my voice to match his.

"Oh right because it's always my fault," he says sarcastically, looking out the window.

"That's not what I meant. I'm just telling you that you need to get things done when I tell you!"

"Oh, I'm sorry.. I didn't know you were my mother!" He says calmly.

"You're missing the point, Wardell," I bury my face in my hand. "I'm trying to explain to you that I say things for a reason. I just don't speak to hear my own voice."

"Well that's hard to believe." He huffs under his breath leaning against the door.

I take in a deep breath before beginning again.
"Wardell I don't want to argue with you," I sigh.
"Then don't," he snaps, looking at me. I could tell that he was tired of arguing and just wanted me to shut up. What are even arguing about? This is petty. Even though this is something we have been doing often: arguing about stupid and small things. It was both starting to get tiring and put an unwanted strain on our relationship.
~
After scrambling to the gate, almost losing our tickets and catching our flight last minute, Stephen and I, were finally boarding our plane from L.A.X. To S.R.H. Oh, and not to mention that Wardell made a mistake and didn't book us first class tickets so we were stuck in second class with snobby little children and fans asking him for a picture every five seconds.  There were a few kids behind us being obnoxious and kicking the back of my chair. I quickly learned to ignore it, but it oddly felt good; as if I were getting a massage of some sort.
"I told you to check the tickets." I scold my husband as he sits down from putting our luggage in the overhead cupboard.

"I thought I did." He shrugs

"Doesn't look like it," I mumble loud enough for him to hear.

"The important part is that we're here so why don't you just try to relax, Abigail." He sits down next to me.

"No, the important part is you need to be more responsible because we should be in first class.

"I don't understand why you're upset. You're not the one paying for the tickets."

"Why I'm so upset?" I start to raise my voice. "This kid is kicking the fuck out of my chair!"

"Shhhhhh." Someone behind of us scolds.

"I'm upset because," I lower my tone. "You never do anything right and when you do it's half ass."

"Oh my god,  can you stop complaining for one minute?" He lays his head back on the chair, closing his eyes.

"Wardell, every time I say something you always say I'm complaining. You never listen to everything I say."

"Okay so what's your point?" His green eyes dart at me.

"My point is to do things when I tell you to and do them right!" I try to whisper but fail because I can feel a couple pair of eyes staring at me.

"You're so controlling!" He harshly whispers, "Look can you at least be excited that we're spending time together on this tri-"

"I was never excited in the first place! I never even wanted to come here'!" I blurt out.

Stephen picks his head up, his green eyes darkening, staring at me for what feels like forever. With facial features frowning, he clenches his jaw, and opens his mouth. But before he can speak another high pitched voice fills it.

"Wardell? Is that you?" I look to see a dark haired women with bright green eyes, much like Stephen's, looking down at him. She called him Wardell which took me by surprise because I was the only one outside of his family and close friends to call him that so I knew she wasn't some random fan. I admired her smooth caramel toned skin as well as her fashion sense as the she wore a beautiful light red sundress with amazing red bottoms to go with it. You'd think she was at fashion show more than airport because of how good she looked. So did Stephen, as I watched his green eyes take a much too long scan of her body, looking her up and down.

"Hey!" He exclaims. "Ayesha, long time,, no see." Stephen gets up from his seat with open arms. They hug for way too long, causing me to feel uncomfortable, so I clear my throat loudly.

"Oh! You must be Abigail!, I'm Stephen's ex-wife, Ayesha." She sticks out her hand.
-
vote & comment. sorry for any mistakes. 🥳