Chapter Four

Suit above. 

___

From the entrance of the store, I noticed his car pull in. It was as I remembered it, large, dark, and sleek. The car itself was just as intimidating as the man.

I saw him emerge from the car, with a black blazer, matching dress pants and shoes, and a bright white button down. I looked down at my white tee shirt and gray sweatpants combination. Oh, well. At least my Vans look good. 

"Toby," he said, walking up to me and stuffing his hands in his pockets, making his blazer poke up in the cutest way. I blushed at how I looked at him. He smirked at me, "why a book store?" 

I crossed my arms, feeling proud that I caught him off-guard. "You can tell a person by what they like to read." I turned away from him and opened the door, motioning him to enter. "Age before beauty."

Alexander released a small, but boisterous laugh, tipping his head back. 

His attractiveness was the weirdest thing I had ever experienced. 

I let the cool breeze and the dry smell of new books take over me briefly before I looked over to him, catching him staring at me. "A-uh, ehm," I stuttered with my face heating up, "so what's with the suit?" 

He smiled at me, and I took note of his dimples. Amazing

"I just came from work." He said, leading me deeper into the bookstore. 

"Which is?" I asked, looking up at him and admiring his jawline. Slit my throat with that jawline, that's how I want to go.

"I'm a local physician. Well, pediatrician. I was a physician." He said, shrugging, even though I could tell he was proud. 

"Impressive. I don't know what the hell I might do. I'm just a lifeguard." I shrugged also, but without any sign of pride. 

"I'm sure you will figure it out. It's not one decision or one chance, you can change your mind." He put a giant hand on my shoulder. 

I smiled. "So philosophical." 

He laughed, and I internally praised myself. His laugh was so beautiful. He was beautiful, in general. He had dark hair and lighter skin, with a hint of a stubble on his cheeks. His eyes were dark green with flecks of gold. 

I knew there was a catch. Everyone has a catch, and I wanted to know his. Perfection is impossible. 

"So, books?" He questioned me. 

"Books." I agreed, smiling to myself. "I like to read everything. C'mon." I turned a few corners and raced around a few shelves. I could see Alexander through the books. He had lost me. I pulled a few books of the shelf quietly, and stuck my face in the hole.

 "Boo." I laughed as he jumped a little, before turning around and bending down so he was face to shelf with me. I slid a book across the shelf toward him, smiling devilishly. He half-smiled back as he took it. 

"Looking for Alaska?" He asked, his eyes flashing from the cover to me. I slid another to him. 

"It's Kind of a Funny Story." I said, smiling. "One of my all-time favorites." I smiled a lot around him. It was amazing. 

"My turn," he said, winking, and disappearing. 

I tried to follow him, until I had no clue where he had gone. He pulled a me- on me! 

"Toby!" 

I followed his voice. 

"Toby!" 

I looked up, and he was sitting on a book shelf. "I didn't pin you as a child." I smiled as he shrugged innocently. 

He tossed a book down to me. "The 5th Wave?"

He scratched his stubble, "A guilty pleasure." He tosses another.

I read the cover. Was he serious

"Read it." The words made a hot blush rise to my face. 

"Fifty Shades of Gray?" I had read it, but I didn't think other guys read it. I looked up at him shyly. "Uh- it's a goo-good book."

"Yes." 

His gaze was intense. He wasn't anything like Christian Gray, not that I knew of. Then again, did I really know him at all?

"Let me take you out for dinner," he said, still sitting on the bookshelf, staring at me with his beautiful, dark green eyes. 

I nodded, and a smile tugged at his lips. 

"Excuse me, sir. I apologize but you are not supposed to be sitting up there." A female employee asked, crossing her arms. 

"My deepest apologies," Alexander replied, sliding off. 

As the woman left, I was taken over by a laughing fit. 

Alexander glared at me, but still smiled softly. "Shut up, you nerd. Let's go."