Chapter 21: Dreams

[Nightmare's POV]

~~~Dreamland

All i see is darkness. I'm running a black void. The setting became thicker, now it's all trees. Why trees? Why am I running? What am I running from? I trip. I become frantic and stand once more. Before I can run a hand grips my arm harshly. I start screaming, and begging for quarter.(quarter = mercy)

The arm never let me go, instead it squeezed harder, breaking my arm. I screamed once more as the nails that belonged to the hand, dug into my soft tender flesh, drawing blood and letting it trail down my arm, dripping onto the sweet, rich soil beneath us. A deep, raspy, echo of a voice spoke.

"You are my kin. I will not let you be persuaded by pests. You will be my heir to the throne weather you like it or not!!!" The man yelled.

He yanked me into the direction I came from and I screamed in pain. After a moment something picked me up, and squeezed my neck. My vision went blurry, and I passed out. Darkness filled my mind.

~~End of dreamland

I woke up gasping for air. I bolted up right, and I must have woken up the person next to my bed. The man jumped, and I gasped in pure pain. I clutched my stomach, and began crying in pain. The man next to me cried my name and laid me back down. When I looked up at him I realized, it was Slendy! I reached out to him and kissed his, wrapping my arms around his neck. He place a hand on my right cheek, and deepened the kiss. After a moment a nurse with straight black hair came in, and rushed to get me to lie back down. Once she got me to lie down she handed me a cup of crushed ice, and told me that I needed it in my system. I swallowed a bit of crushed ice, and Slender looked at me, smilling brightly. Once I finished with the ice, he sat it down for me and he interlocked out fingers. I looked down at then and smiled.

"I missed you, Night. Very much." He cooed.

He leaned up next to me, and I nuzzled his neck. I smiled sweetly, and we laid there for a few moments. I took in his sweet, yet musky scent that I became so accustomed to. I felt my soft fingertips brush against his calloused hands. It was a bit rough but It was so familiar I love it. His broad chest raised, and fell softly with each breath he took. While I indulged in the sweet feeling of being in his arms, it had to eventually come to an end. He moved softly, and he whispered.

"I need to tell the others, I'll be right back darling." He whispered.

"Okay. I'll wait." I said softly, and smiled at him.

He smiled back and left the room. While he was away a nurse came by, a different one this time.

"How are you feeling Miss Skies?" She asked.

"As of Now, I'm doing great." I smiled at her.

She returned the smile and left. Two doctors came in and looked at my IV a bit, and checked my condition. After they left was when Sally came running through the door and hopped onto me. I flinched and I hugged her.

"Mommie!! You're okay!!" She cried into my chest.

I played with her hair a bit calming her down.

"Sh-sh-shh. Mommie's okay. Mommie would never leave you." I whispered into her hair.

"Mommie would never leave me." Sally whispered back.

I smiled and looked up to see everyone smiling down on me. I became embarrassed and I turned a bit red. Slender chuckled, and for a while we all began to talk. After our conversations, everyone except Sally and Slender left, and in came the rest of the pastas not including Jeff. Ej told me that Jeff was asleep next to Crim, and they had their hands intertwined together. I smiled at the mental picture that I created, if only I could draw it.

We created another conversation, and soon everyone calmed down enough for just....small talk. It became quiet and I got an unnerving feeling. It ran down the length of my spine, and it curled around sitting in the pit of my stomach. I looked around and all I heard was the faint hum of conversation amugst us, and the occasional laughter. Slender was sitting in the chair next to me and he began falling asleep.

I looked down at his hand, and noticed a chain hanging from his hands. It was silver and I reached down to grab it. If softly slipped it from his hand, and realized it was my pendant that I can't live without. Slender stirred a bit but never woke, and I slipped on my pendant. I began rubbing the spot where the 'x' crosses and the familiar feel of the smooth metal made me happy.

I'm glad I'm back with my friends. I wouldn't want it any other way.