Frappe

Kai had always found it funny that coffee shops didn't deliver.
As their main clientele was probably business people with little time, and moody writers it would make sense for them to do delivery.
But they didn't so she had to come all the way from her home and her comfortable bed to wait in a line for her fix.
The place was hectic today and the barista looked as if she needed some of the coffee she was serving. She still managed to tiredly take her order and ring her up though.
She was waiting for her coffee when she noticed a guy, in a vibrant orange shirt almost as hyper as him, practically bouncing as he waited who grinned widely at her when he saw her looking at him.
She was startled and quickly looked down, thanking God that her complexion was too dark for her blush to show.
Why did strangers always have to look at her again?
She only looked up when she heard her coffee order being called "Mocha Frappe with extra cream?"
She quickly walked to the counter to claim it when she saw the guy in the orange shirt also reaching for the cup.
He smiled at her, but the embarrassment was gone only annoyance remained
"You also got a Moche frappe?" The barista looked a little embarrassed. "I'm not sure who this is for. I completely forgot to write the name on the cup and I only made one before we ran out of syrup."
Kai attempted to not let her irritation show. Maybe the other guy would just let her take the coffee?
But no. Of course, he didn't. Instead, he bent down on one knee.
"Ms.--"
Kai just glared at him unwilling to tell this jerk her name and allow this to go on any longer.
But he still continued, "Fellow purchaser of a mocha frappe, would you do me the honor of sharing the Frappe with me?" And he added on with a wink "And maybe while we're sharing it, you can share a little of your time with me."
Kai looked at him as if he were insane and then carefully walked past him and up to the barista.
"Can you just give me an iced coffee instead?"
The barista nodded, looking like she was barely containing her laughter, which everyone else in the shop wasn't kind enough to do.
The barista handed her the coffee and Kai smiled at her thankful it was finally over.
She then walked right around the boy --still on bended knee still staring at her with a fake pout on his face-- and towards the door as quickly as she could but still managed to hear the boy talking to his friend.
"Rowland you could have let her have the coffee."
"But I offered her half of it and my love!"
"Clearly she didn't want it."
She rolled her eyes, Rowland was his name? His name was just as annoying as him. Luckily she'd never had to deal with that coffee stealer ever again.