Chapter 4

We hopped into Maddox's car and headed towards Red's Garage. Red is one of my friends from the street races, he looks out for me and makes sure that I don't get hassled and watches out for any signs of my brothers. He's like family, he's actually the one that got me to go to my first street race. I had a great first race, of course I don't race but it's just the adrenaline of the race, then driving away from the cops when they find out about the races. Red's garage has two levels to it, the first level is an actually garage, where his men and him fix cars for profit where as the second level is totally private. Only certain people can go down, that's where he keeps all his street racing equipment from body kits to wings and rear spoilers.

The drive from the coffee shop to the garage is about a thirty minute ride, and boy was it a long thirty minutes. After my revelation and breakdown at Topped Off everyone was super quiet. Ashley was sitting next me in the backseat, contemplate everything I said. While in high school together Alec had told me that he was thinking of changing his player ways so he could ask Ashley out and be the guy that she needs. Ironically he said this the day before the car accident, I never knew if he had told Ashley about how he felt. I truly don't know if I should tell her. After the accident Alec didn't bother talking to anybody, I knew Alec wouldn't tell her because he didn't want her to lose any of her friends by being associated with him, whether is be dating him or just being friends with him.

None of them had asked what happened to Alec after the accident. That might have been a good thing with the way Maddox was looking. He looked ready to kill someone and I have no idea who that be either my brothers, Jessica, or Alec. Feeling eyes on me I looked up and saw Maddox staring at me in the rear view mirror. I gave him the best smile I could right now. Thoughts in my mind going in many different directions but when I looked at Maddox all those moving thoughts stilled. This thing between us happened so fast, I mean we only met last night but it feels like we met a long time ago. I don't know why we have this connection, I don't know if this connection is good or bad, if it will be for the long haul or just a short time. I doubt either of us care at this moment whatever fate had in store for us we could take it as long as we stuck together and I get the feeling with Maddox I'm going to stuck with him. And for some reason I don't mind one fucking bit.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts when the car was coming to a stop and saw that we were at the garage. And it was packed. I guess Red has some new toys coming in today and everybody wanted a piece. Doesn't surprise me at all. Stepping out of the car I was instantly spotted.

"Little Raven!" Was the name I heard someone shouting. Turning around I saw it was Grease and he was actually grease free. I guess he hadn't started working on car or helping the racers get the new toys into the cars. Grease ran straight towards me and didn't stop till he had me in his arms and was hugging me swinging back and forth. Finally he put me down and I could feel Maddox right behind me before he placed his arms around my waist. Grease looked back and forth between us and smiled. When Grease smiled it wasn't a good thing it was more a mischievous thing.

And before I could shut him up, he shouted, "Red. Little Raven is here."

That was enough to get all eyes on us. Grease pulled me from Maddox and swung me onto his back. Grease was six five and had the body built like a football player but he was just a big lovable guy when you got to know him but when someone he cared about was hurt that was it. The lovable guy left and the protector came out. While I was on his back I looked at the others, Maddox looked pissed but I didn't have time to calm him down before I was seated onto the counter top where Red was doing the final purchases. Red looked at me then down to the register then back to me, almost lunging at me but stopped when he looked at me face. Red always knew when something was up with me and today he knew something was wrong.