Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I own nada! Zilch! Nothing! Except for my OC... and Zippy and Carl.

They stood there in a silent face-off.

King Sassy-Face of Smirkwood had his eyebrow raised (again) and Emma looked like a deer caught in headlights. It thirty-two seconds before Emma actually did something.

She didn't know what to do, what to say, so her mouth took over while her mind worked high-speed, "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm," she then did the only thing she could think of, shot him a cheesy grin and said, "Hi?"

With that, she turned around and ran as fast as her legs could carry her.

Taking random lefts and rights, she was sure she heard him chasing her. That was verified when, after about a minute he bellowed, "GUARDS!"

She whipped her head around and there he was, four feet (approximately) behind her. Panic made her go even faster, plus the sound of several more pairs of feet chasing her. She ran through a large room filled with books, another large room filled with instruments, another large room with nothing in it,a small room with little bottles in it, a room that was in between large and small that had bolts of cloth in it, the throne room (she almost ran off the root bridge there...), she passed the door to the dungeons just as she started to lose the feeling in her legs and she chanced a glance behind her. He was still there, followed by a few guards (whom were unfortunately not Zippy and Carl) and they looked just barely out of breath. Stupid fit elven men.

She turned her head just in time to see the wall in front of her face, before it all went black.

oOo

"Unnnnngggggghhhhh..."

Emma blinked her eyes open. Her head hurt like... like... it hurt too bad to find a simile to describe it. What had happened? She looked around and saw King Sassy-Face (she was almost positive that she was going to call him that forever now) looking at her with a triumphant smirk on his face.

"What happened?" she mumbled.

He sniggered. Wait, sniggered? King Sassy-Face of Smirkwood reduced himself to sniggering? Wow...

Anyways... he sniggered, "I do believe that you have run into a wall and given yourself a rather nasty concussion."

"I ran into a wall?" Emma was shocked... actually, she wasn't. It was just the sort of thing she would do. She tried to sit up, but the pain in her head made her so dizzy, she thumped back down onto the pillow... Of course that only made it worse.

King Sassy-Face examined his nails while he said, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Emma scowled at him and crossed her arms. He merely smirked. After a couple of minutes, he sighed and looked up at her.

"Now, I would really like to know the name of the girl who is stupid enough to run into walls." he said (sassily).

Emma's scowl grew darker. There was no way she was telling King Sassy-Face her name. Oh no. Never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever. Ever. A devious though entered her head, she could give him a fake one...

She sighed in resignation (it was a fake one of course) and said sadly, "My name is... Yodella."

The Elvenking's mouth fell open, "You are jesting!"

Emma was careful to keep her face expressionless as she shook her head and said, "I am absolutely serious. My name is Yodella."

King Sassy-Face shook his head in awe, "I have never heard such a ridiculous name in my life."