3

The man who had thrown me over his shoulder finally put me down in another room. I kicked him in the shin when I got the chance but he didn't exactly look like he was dying at the moment. He didn't yell or try to intimidate me. The other one looked like he really didn't want to be there. I didn't either. Before I could put up an actual fight they locked me in.
I won't lie. I was scared shitless. I couldn't stop wailing now that I was alone. Courage was a virtue that vanished the second I woke up tied in a chair. I couldn't stop thinking about my mother. She would be a mess. I imagined all kinds of things in my head that did nothing but make me cry more. I couldn't die on my mother. She had enough problems to deal with. I couldn't destroy her life. But now it looked like I wrecked her life and my own. It was all because of that sadistic kidnapper. He knew what he was doing. He knew my name and the security codes to my house and probably a lot more. I don't remember being that afraid in my life before. I whimpered miserably when I heard him say my name out loud.
"Maya!" He drawled in a sing song voice when he came inside and saw me sitting on the small bed.
"Look at you all sad and pathetic. I didn't hurt you. Don't be that way." I squeezed my eyes shut when he approached me.
"Like your new room?" It felt like my heart stopped beating when he said that.
"I know it's not better than your, uh, previous accommodation. But we'll fix it, okay?" Tears rolled down my face. He was fucking crazy, talking to me like everything was normal. That I chose to go there with him.
"Are you hungry, Maya?"
"Please let me go!" I pleaded. He crossed his arms over his chest, his imposing figure freaking me out even more. He looked like he could snap my spine into two with ease.
"I won't- won't tell anyone what happened. I swear. Please! I'll find my way back home. Please let me go!" His hand cupped my chin and jerked my face to look in his direction.
"Do I look like I'll let you go if you tell me to? I thought you were an honor roll kid."
"Why did you do this?"
His hand left my chin but traced the outline of my cheek. I was trembling.
"Oh, baby blue... that's what your mother called you when you were a kid, right? Baby blue?"
"H-how do you know that?"
"I think that by now you've realized that I know a great deal about you- scoot over." He sat next to me.
"I know a lot more than that. I know you better than anyone else. Even better than you know yourself. Just because I remember."
"Just let me go." I hissed.
"I thought that you were smart, baby blue. I hate it when-" he couldn't complete his sentence since I punched him with all my might across his smug face. A little blood came out of his mouth and he sat dazed, not moving at all.
I don't know what suddenly got into me but I ran towards the door. The dumb white psychotic kidnapper had left the door unlocked. I ran as fast as I could, remembering the flight of stairs I had earlier been carried towards and then climbed down. I recognized the living room and there it was, the door to freedom. I looked behind. The kidnapper was nowhere to be seen. I pushed the door open and gasped.
I knew it was all too easy. I wasn't going to admit it to myself but I knew why he didn't follow me. I fell flat on my back and my head hit the floor with a thud. The two men who were asked to lock me in by the kidnapper had pushed me to the floor. Both of them had guns pointed at my head. I closed my eyes again. It hurt all over.
"Baby blue!" I heard him and groaned. Soon, he crouched down next to me.
"I didn't expect you to do that, baby blue. I was surprised."
"Stop..."
"What?" I opened my eyes. Why the fuck did he smile all the time?
"Stop calling me baby blue." He snickered along with the two guys whose guns were still pointing at me.
"You're funny." His finger traced the outline of my face. It was disgusting.
"You know," he said when the two guys finally put away their guns, picked me up and held me by my arms "you were incredibly impressive and impossibly stupid. Goodnight, baby blue."
Something hit the back of my head so hard that I passed out immediately.