Chapter 5

Their relashonship was thriving in school. Seeing as Amara and Tom were part of the very few people classed as 'popular', gossip was still hot a month or so after their friends found out about their status. Riddle was still keeping quiet about his plans for the future and this was really beginning to annoy Amara. Sitting in the library one evening, just the two of them, she noticed the book that Tom was reading.

"Hogwarts a History" she said allowed. Putting her Potions essay down, she stared softly at Tom until he became uncomfortable. Looking up from his book, he sighed heavily.
"Why are you looking at me like that? I'm just reading" he said before turning the page.

"Do you really believe I'm of that lesser intelligence Tom? To be truthfully honest, I would have easily fallen for your alibi if I hadn't seen you read the same three pages repeatedly. Why is the history of a crumbling castle so interesting?" Amara had put her books in her bag and leant in closer so she could lower her voice, perfectly aware of the many students looking at the newly formed couple. In response to her quietened tone, Tom also became concious of the many people surrounding them. Leaning over his book he began to speak close to her face, a small wisp of his lush brown hair tickling her skin.

"I can't say here but meet me in the common room at midnight - alone." Smirking at his words, Amara began to try and hold back a laugh.
"What's so funny?" Tom said as his adams apple moved attractively when he also tried not to laugh, slightly taken aback by the change in atmosphere.
"It's just being that of what you said was so cliché. 'Midnight'?" she mimicked mid chuckle with Tom. They began to laugh loudly to the annoyance of the librarian before Amara subconsciously added "- oh for the love of Merlin, I love you Tom Marvolo Riddle."

They suddenly began to stop smiling. Realising what she had just said out loud, Amara began to resume writing with her peacock feathered quill. It was the first time she had ever blushed. Perfectly aware of Tom's caugh - as though clearing his throat - to fill the awkward silence, her hand tensed as he pulled his chair closer to her. Sitting sideways, he leaned forward to the side of her face. His forehead touched her cheek as he spoke softly and his dark brown hair mixed with her own black waves, a smile creeping onto his perfect face.
"What did you say Amara?"

"Do not be such a git - You heard me loud and clear" she sighed, turning on her chair to face him surpressing a grin. For a second, they just stared at each other until Tom placed his hand on her kneck and face, kissing her with such desire.

"You know, it's the first time I have said this to anyone but - I love you" he muttered mid kiss. Both smirking, they unwillingly pulled away as the librarian made a disapproving noise with her throat. Making the situation instantly worse, loud voices sounded from the entrance. Druella and Cygnus' faces turned from behind the row of books whilst engaged in a loud but jokefull argument. This received more looks off the disgruntled librarian and curious students.

"No I swear! The lump of a man just couldn't have been in Slytherin!" Druella yelled as she playfully hit Cygnus on the arm.
"What's this?" Tom was still faced inwards to Amara as he questioned his friends who were now sitting down beside them. Despite the smirk she held upon her face, Amara was one hundred percent aware of Tom's hand on her upper thigh.

"Slughorn. Dee thinks that he's not evil enough to be the Slytherin Head of House." Cygnus mocked Druella but everyone could tell that he just enjoyed getting a reaction from her. As Druella spoke, pushing a thick black curl away from her face, she hit Cygnus on the shoulder playfully.
"Oi! And no, not evil. He's just weird. Like - he's friends with mud bloods and squibs but yet hates them? It's so confusing."

"Don't underestimate him. He is a very clever man" Tom spoke with a matter of fact tone. Before standing, he kissed Amara on the cheek and subtly whispered "Midnight" in her ear before biting it softly. Her heart jumped as his lips worked their way quickly to her own.

"For the love of Salazar - get a room!" Mondungus joined the table with an overly exaggerated look of repulse on his face. Tom flicked him on the head as he walked by before winking at Amara then gliding out of the room silently.
"I don't know how you do it" Black looked at her with confusion and bewilderment.
"By all means explain?" Not even looking up at her friends, Amara continued writing her essay.
"The way you make Tom so caughtup with his emotions. Caughtup with you."

"Your opinion is neither pleasent or insulting. Cygnus, I will ask however, why you put much emphasis upon referring to myself?" Amara gave him a quizzical look before Mondungus chipped in.
"It's just odd seeing Tom so wrapped up in something other than his passion for hierarchy."

"Fletcher has got a point Amara. You've seen the flings he has had with occasional Slytherbabes but for some reason, he seems devoted to you" added Black. Druella just sat watching then snorted loudly.
"Slytherbabes?"
"What? Have you never heard of such an ingenius phrase before?" Black spoke in a flirtatious tone.
"No I bloody well haven't!"

The whole table began to laugh loudly - much to the dissatisfaction of the librarian - until they were asked to leave around nine o'clock. The castle was extremely dark but strangely busy despite it being almost after hours. Amara suspected this was due to the large amount of 'detentions' that were being handed out. These detos were a muggle movement brought into the castle not too long ago.

The group of four Slytherin students waltzed down the corridor until they came to a little huddle of Gryffindor fourth years. Amara could tell they were Gryffindors because a few red heads were poking out of the huddle.
"Move. Now." The Slytherins stopped before the entrance for the courtyard as the teens dressed in crimson and gold blocked their path.

"What's the magic word?" said a tall boy sternly.
"Shut up Weasle. Get out of our way" snapped Amara.
"I'm not going to if you speak to us like that" a girl with a slique pony tail taunted as she faced Amara. Reaching the front of the Gryffindor crowd, she smiled unnervingly at the Slytherins. To be honest, she should have been in the Slytherin group herself with a look like that but Amara wasn't perturbed.

"Johnson move" she spat at the girl.
"The names Annalin" she smirked back. At this, Amara pulled out her hawthorn wand subtly before pointing it at Annalin Johnson.
"You may want to rethink the way you speak to us you blood traitor" Amara spat back quietly so the other students had to lean in slightly to hear. In order to keep her strong reputation, Amara couldn't let any one make a fool of her. Despite the angry shouts from the Gryffindors and amused sneers from the Slytherins, the two girls didn't break eye contact.

"How dare you Waldwinn" Annalin whispered back but didn't say much more as she could see the wand tip beside her throat. That didn't stop Septimus from pushing his way through.
"Careful now Weasle. Your hair is blinding me despite the dark night fall" sniggered Black from beneath a glare. Cygnus hated Septimus Weasley as he was dating his younger niece. His older sister's instructions strictly advised him to break up the pair before there were serious consequences but this was near to most impossible.

"How dare you so called 'pure bloods' call someone such a name!" Septimus hadn't seen Amara's wand as he was too busy glaring at Black. Under her breath, she whispered "engorgio skullus" so Annalin couldn't even hear. Amara then smirked as she watched her opponent's eyes widen in horror as her face began to enlarge.
"What the - oh my gosh!" Druella was the first to notice and began to scream with laughter. Too busy worrying about the disfigurement taking place before them, the Gryffindors hadn't notice Amara's wand slip back into her pocket as group of green robes made their way through the courtyard and into the dungeons.