Nearly Witches

(Pete)

"What are you doing in here?" Patrick closed the door behind him as he spoke.

"I-I was just. Uh, my-my brother."

"Your brother's in here?"

It was a stupid excuse on my part. But it was also a stupid question on his. Obviously my brother was no longer in here. There was only one toilet in the teacher's bathroom. No stalls. He would have seen if my brother was in here. He was just trying to bother me.

"No. Not now. He was though."

"Yeah, I'm sure Brendon broke a rule and entered the teacher's bathroom." But the tone of his voice suggested otherwise.

"He did!" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Okay." He smirked.

I heard the click of the door locking. My eyes snapped towards his. My chest suddenly rising and falling as if I'd just run a marathon. I knew he could see it. My arms moving agaisnt my breathing was probably giving me away. I dropped them to my sides.

"Okay." Was all I let myself say. I was afraid my voice might crack.

"You do know it's against the rules for you to be in here, right?"

He began walking towards me. Instinct told me to back up but I didn't want to look like a pussy. So I stood my ground. Patrick stopped directly in front of me. Barely leaving any space between us. I couldn't breathe anymore.

"I don't care about rules."

He smirked again. "Clearly."

"Clearly." I mocked.

His hands came to rest on my hips. Holy shit, I really couldn't breathe. My body literally forgot the procedure. I could feel myself slowly becoming light headed from lack of oxygen. I opened my mouth in the desperate attempt that maybe some would just flow into my body. Patrick mistook my action as something different.

He leaned in closer. The point of his nose brushing against mine. I could feel his breaths coming slowly, calmly against my mouth. If that was the only air I was going to get, so be it. His hands tightened around me. His fingers digging into my clothed hips. And then he leaned in again. His lips brushing against mine. Not quite a kiss. Just a touch of skin.

"Breathe." He whispered into my mouth.

I inhaled deeply. Filling my lungs with much needed oxygen. My body rejoiced. Patrick smiled. I frowned. Continuing to breathe in and out as deeply as I could. I hated that he had that effect on me. I hated that he did it so effortlessly.

"I'm going to go." I grumbled.

"Wait." So I did.

His hands traveled from my sides to the front of my waist. There goes my fucking breathing again. His hands paused around the button of my pants. I had no idea what was going on but I wasn't stopping him. I felt him tugging at something. My belt? I wasn't looking down to find out. He yanked it away from my body. I felt something covering my shoulders.

"Wha-" My arms reached up to feel it. I almost groaned. The fucking cardigan. He'd pulled it from around my waist.

"Stop wearing that around your waist. It looks ridiculous."

Ouch.

****

(Brendon)

Pete finally came through. For once in his gosh darn life. If only he could be that reliable all of the time. I held the leave pass in my hand as I practically skipped for the door. Ryan's car wasn't hard to spot at all. It wasn't parked in the actual parking lot. Just sitting near the curb directly in front of the school. I was surprised someone hadn't come out and asked him to move yet.

I walked over to the car confidently. Ryan was looking down at something I couldn't see. I grabbed the door handle and swung the door open. Ryan gasped and jumped. His alert eyes darting towards me. Instant guilt filled me. He visibly relaxed when he saw it was me. A goofy grin appearing on his face. I hopped in the car and closed the door.

"I'm sorry I scared you."

"It's okay. I just wasn't expecting you out so soon."

"I-I felt like you needed me." I glanced down at my lap. It sounded ridiculous when I said it out loud.

"I did!" Ryan's long, thin arms wrapped around me. I leaned into the hug. "Thanks for coming out."

"It's just what friends do." I shrugged.

"I've never had a friend then."

He started the car and took off down the road. I didn't ask where we were going. It didn't matter. Because Ryan could have told me we were going to Neverland and I would have happily made the trip with him. As long as he got me home by curfew of course. We didn't drive for long before the car stopped. I glanced around. The park?

"Why are we here? No one comes here during the day."

"Exactly!" He poked my nose.

He opened his door and snatched the keys from the ignition. I followed him when he slid out and slammed the door shut behind him. Maybe he had a secret hide out or something around here.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know. Just walking."

I shrugged. I like to walk. A car drove past the park. Playing one of the only non Gospel songs I know.

"I love this song." I called as the same time Ryan grumbled,

"I hate this song." He began laughing.

"What?" I frowned. "What's so funny?"

"Of fucking course the only not church song you like is Pocket full of sunshine."

"It's my happy song."

"It's a stupid song." He teased.

"Rude!" I pushed his shoulder playfully.

"Hands to yourself." He pushed me back. Harder than necessary.

"Stop pushing me." I pushed just as hard.

"You pushed me first." He used two hands this time and to my embarrassment, I stumbled.

"Well, you pushed me harder." I pushed him with both hands too. Just as hard as he pushed me. I wasn't a violent person, but Ryan was being an idiot.

"Stop whining." This time his push landed me on my bottom.

An emotion I didn't know I could feel, sparked through me. I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew it was negative. I scrambled to my feet. My hands grabbed Ryan's shoulders and I mushed as hard as I could. He stumbled, his back hitting against a tree roughly.

Ryan's eyes lit up dangerously. He lunged for me. Tackling me to the ground. My head didn't hit as hard as I thought it would. He straddled my waist. His hands grabbed my wrist and pinned them above my head. The curve of his sudden smile mocked me.

"Get off of me!" I struggled. How could someone so skinny be so strong?

"Make me, pussy."

"You're a moron!"

I struggled even harder under him. Still to no avail. He was too strong. I was stuck. I stopped moving and exhaled heavily. He glanced down at me expectantly.

"Give up?" I nodded even though I didn't want to. "Say sorry."

"I apologize." I wasn't sorry.

He let go of my wrist and began standing. Before he could, I pushed him off of me. He landed on his back at my side.

"Asshole."