CHAPTER 01.

Another day, another gathering, another member. It was one of those normal days I have had with the same old people, at the same old location. I don't really know how I ended up having this kind of relationship with the people around me. What started as the simplest and one of the most awkwardest situation I have had, turned out to be the one that would be so hard to forget an let go of. In other words, when your friends have turned into your family. I am Tessa. And this is my not so long story of how I fell in love with a seminarian.

     It was a sunny and practically normal day for all of us, like we never did part ways to go ahead and deal with our own and personal lives. I, on the other hand, just waited and watched and went with whatever the flow the entire group had. We waited and waited for that one person to complete our group. As we were sat around the dinner table at the dirty kitchen, a car parked right outside. And voila! The one we have all been waiting for has arrived. It was Jay. Jay was on of those few people who would just look at you and would know that somehow, you're not okay. He's one of the "comforters" of the "friends-became-family" group we have had. He was always there, whenever he could be there. The thing is, he studies at the seminary. Would he be a priest? Well, I don't know. I don't think anybody has ever actually asked him seriously.

     On the other hand, as he came out of the car, someone went along with him. I don't think I have ever seen him before, I thought to myself. Ah, maybe he's new. As they entered the room, everyone greeted them both and welcomed them and of course offered them a seat. The casual hospitality of my family. I greeted Jay, too. As I usually do. But I somehow managed to not keep my eyes off the other one whom he came with.

     "Okay, guys, this is Michael Andrew S. Garcia but we call him Andy. Andy say hi," Jay said with a joking manner.

     "Hi, guys. You can call me Andy if you want," he said shyly with a smile.

     But I never said a word. Just watched from a distance as he spoke to the others near him. He's cute, I thought. No! Stop it! He's going to be a priest! Well, there goes my bubble. Thanks, conscience.

     "So, let's get started?" Jay asked and everyone agreed. This is how the day begins.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

     As the hours passed by, the daily routines of having sing-alongs with the crowd was coming to an end. And I was just about to find ways on how to get associated, or be closer, with Andy. I mean who wouldn't?! He's cute. But then that constant thought of knowing he's going to be a priest is being overtaken by the thought of he has someone else in his life. You know why I thought of that? Because the guy couldn't keep his eyes off of the phone. The pang of jealousy was there, but it didn't hurt that much. I just wondered if he did have someone. I wondered if ever I could get a chance at it. But who am I kidding? Him not having anyone was also going to be a good thing.. Well, for me at most. But I couldn't get to make him notice me.

     And that, my friend, was day one of falling in love with someone you barely know. Well, not really. But close enough.