Chapter 11 | Always

Chapter 11 | Always

Katniss' POV

I wake up by the sound of a heart monitor.

"She's gonna be alright, Primrose. She's a strong person " I hear a boy that sounds like Peeta cry.

Wait. Prim?!

I slowly open my eyes and see that I'm in a hospital. I turn my head to the right and see my mom, dad, Prim and Peeta.

My sight is a bit dizzy and my eyelids feel heavy but I need to tell them I'm alright. Even tough I don't know that for sure.

"Peeta-" I immediately stop talking when I feel how much my throat hurts.

They turn around and Prim and Peeta run over to me and hug me like there's no tomorrow.

I push them away a little and point to my throat.

"I'm going to get you some water, don't go anywhere," Peeta chuckles.

I roll my eyes and look at my parents.

They walk over to me and I mouth 'why am I here?'

Prim takes my hand while our parents look at each other with a serious expression on their face.

"Well...," my dad starts. "I don't know if-"

"Aha, I see that you're awake?"

I turn my head to the right to see Peeta and a doctor walking in.

I nod and Peeta hands me a mug with water in it. I slowly drink it up.

"Thank you," I say with a hoarse voice.

He smiles at me and takes my hand before we look at the doctor.

"Uh, I don't know what your parents, sister or your friend Peeta told you, but when you fell unconscious on that cruise ship, your friends brought you to the hospital there. Because it's a cruise they couldn't do much but they saw something wasn't alright because you didn't wake up, so they turned around to go back. They did everything they could and it ended up with you being in a coma for three weeks. We did some tests and yesterday we got the final results, I'm so sorry that I have to say this Katniss, but you're exactly 12 weeks pregnant."

I close my eyes and slowly let everything he just said sink in.

I'm pregnant.

I'm going to be a mom.

"Katniss..." Peeta puts his arms around me and pulls me into a hug.

Tears well up in my eyes but I don't let them out. I can't cry. Everyone will think I'm weak. But I'm not, I'm strong.

Then I realize something.

A child has not only a mother, but also a father.

I get out from Peeta his arms and look at my parents and sister.

"Can I please talk to Peeta for a second?"

They nod and walk out of the room.

I turn to Peeta and look in his beautiful ocean blue eyes. Hopefully our child will have the same.

"I am the father, aren't I?"

Again, tears prick in my eyes but this time, I let them out.

Peeta pulls me into a hug and after a couple of minutes I finally manage to stop crying. Peeta dries my sticky and wet cheeks with his thumbs, we stare in each other's eyes and then both lean in.

When his lips finally touch mine I cup his cheeks with my hands while his hands rest on my hips.

We both pull away.

"I love you so much, Peeta. I'm so sorry that you're child is growing-"

He cuts me off with his lips and carefully pushes me backwards on the bed.

"Don't be sorry, Kat. It happend, we can't do anything about it now. We're going to be parents..." He says and kisses my lips one last time. "You need to sleep. I'm going to message our friends that you're okay, everyone's really worried about you."

He gets up from the hospital bed but I pull him back, "stay with me," I whisper. 

He climbs next to me in bed and turns the lights off. He pulls me close to him and wraps his arms around me.

Before I fall asleep, dreaming of enjoying a warm spring day in the meadow, together with Peeta and a baby girl who Peeta calls our daugher, I hear him whisper, "always."

👶👶👶👶👶

Sooooo Kitty Kat is pregnant!

Comment what you think of this chapter and also don't forget to vote!

Love you ! 😘