Day 2

"It feels lonely without Margo." Anne stated. We were both lying on our boards staring at the clouds above.

"I know, Ronny just can't take her anytime he wants." I complained, kicking the water. "You should tell him that, we should make him feel guilty of his hideous being." Anne said and laughed. "Speaking of Ronny, I haven't seen him yet, what's he like after a couple of months of not seeing him?" I asked. "He's the same, more muscular than before, I think he formed his eight pack abs." Anne chuckled and continued, "About yesterday, were you trying to tell me something?"

I sat up, now looking at the sun that was at its peak. It was around 9 am, 2nd day of summer. Anne followed me, sat on her board and quirked her eyebrow, "Something happened? Right?"

"Oh. It was nothing." I said.

"Nothing? There's got to be something. Come on! Spill it!" She nudged my shoulder. "It was bloody red." I said and received a blank stare from her. "You know, the guy we met at Tiffany's?" I asked annoyingly. Sometimes, Anne's memory is shorter than a mili worm. "The hot guy who entered Tiffany's? Yesterday?" I asked again. "You know what, forget about it, there's no use of me explaining if you're just gonna forget about it tomorrow."

She pushed me off my board and I fell, receiving a guffaw from her. "Serves you right for insulting my brain." she stuck her tongue out and laughed once again. "I do not forget things easily.."

"Oh yeah?" I swam near her and went under her board. I heard her shouting "Don't you dare!" but ignored it anyway. I held both of her board from underneath and flipped it to the side, causing her to fall and land with a splash.

"Now, we're equal" i guffawed. I bet today's gonna be fine. Even though Margo bailed on us, Anne and I could totally spend the whole day together. Just the two of us.

~

Or not.

"What? You're leaving?!" I asked with furrowed brows and glaring eyes. "First, Margo bailed on us then you're bailing on me?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sure you'll find something better to do today!"
Anne stated, packing her things in her neon duffle bag.

I sat next to the bag and glared at her, "I'm leaving in 48 days, and you have to go somewhere?" She let go of the things she was about to put in her bag and said, "You're being dramatic! We'll still see each other tomorrow."

"But we'll have 47 more days before I leave if we wait for tomorrow!" I whined and helped her put her board in its case.

"47 days is more that enough." She said, "besides, we knew this was coming."

"Fine, whatever, go enjoy your lunch with... Whoever you're having lunch with."

She looked me in the eye and pinched my cheek. "I'm having lunch with my Journalism mates." She carried her bag and began walking, leaving me seated on the chair. She turned around and blew me a kiss and left.

"BO-RING" I shouted and sighed.

Great for having a fine day(note the sarcasm) i'm having 48 more days before I leave for California! And I'm here not making the best of my summer.

"You okay there?"I quirked and traced where the voice was coming from.

"You know, if you need any company you could just ask."

To my left, Adam was seated. He had his curly hair tied halfway that left his short curls down that barely reached his neck. He was wearing Ray Bans on top of his head and was squinting his eyes straight ahead, nowhere in particular. He was wearing a green loose tank top that emphasized his biceps and denim ripped Bermuda shorts that matched his denim chucks. There's only one word that best describes him right now. Only one word= HOT. Like sizzling hot, chicken sizzling on a platter hot.