September

~Chapter 7~
Liam and I are have gotten off to a good start. We've been to the fair, we went to the movies a few times, stuff like that. It's been nice. I'm so glad I reunited with him.
Now Carson and I are a little closer. I don't want to say we are dating, but I don't want to say we aren't. I never admitted I liked him, but somehow sparks flew.
I've also made new friends at school like Casey and Maddie. They are really nice and funny.

My birthday is tonight. I'm so excited. I'll be 18! I chose to go to the movies and invite friends. I invited Liam, Carson, Casey, Maddie, and Marcus my brother of course. Out of all of us I'm the youngest. Everyone else is already 18. I won't be the oddball for long.
My mom volunteered to drive us and save my friends the trouble. Liam was first to arrive, then Casey and Maddie, then Carson.
We got there early, so we could get good seats. We watched the Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1. To be honest at first I didn't think the boys would show, but I ended up sitting right between them.
     Then we went to Dairy Queen to get the cake my mom ordered. We stayed, sang 'Happy Birthday', and opened presents.
    Then my mom took us back to my house where everyone said their goodbyes. Liam was the last one here.
     "This was fun." He said smiling, "I'll see you Monday Ally."
    "Thanks Liam!" I yelled as he got in his car.
    I saw him wave before his car roared, and then drove away.
    Just as I was about to close the door, there was a piece of paper on the porch. In fancy letters, it said 'Ally'. I unfolded it. It read: Meet me on the beach tomorrow night. (Sunset), Carson.
      I took the note with me upstairs to my room. I don't know why, but some part of me ditched the notebook mom had given me a few weeks ago. I realized I didn't ask for this to happen. There's no way I could control it. Life is free, it does what it wants, giving you no understanding of its decisions. But all of it happens for a reason, that's just how life is.
Well at least I have something to do tomorrow. I wondered what was so important that he had to leave a note and all. I guess I'll just find out in the morning.
I pressed the power button on my phone to see what time it was. It was 10:30. My party was kinda late tonight. It was totally worth it though. It was nice to be able to spend time with my friends on probably my last birthday.
I guess I shouldn't think of it that way. I mean when you add the word 'last' before everything you say, it doesn't sound right. When you know you shouldn't be thinking, oh this my last whatever, but it's hard not to. You look at other people knowing they'll get chances that I would never get to have.
Today I'll think of it as being the best birthdays I will ever have had.
I stare at my ceiling. The same words from a few years ago,faded, are still stuck against the white paint. "Don't let the world be your burden, let it be your hope and inspiration," I whispered to myself.
I grabbed my phone, and plug in my earbuds. I listen to "Hold On" by Jamie Grace, and I drift off to sleep.