Chapter 1

Scarlett^^

"SCARLETT!! WAKE THE HELL UP! WE HAVE SCHOOL IN 20 MINUTES!!" That, ladies and gentlemen, would be my obnoxious best friend Pam. Pam is what you could consider flawless. She has the whole blonde hair and blue eyes about her that makes boys swoon at her feet for a date with her. Me on the other hand, I have brown hair and green eyes that I get from my great granny Pearl. Boys look at me but I know that they're only with me to get at Pam. I don't take it personally though because I'd rather focus on school than being in a relationship with someone who doesn't want to be with me. Back to the situation.

"I'm up! Jesus Christ woman" I said as I got out of bed. I quickly made my way to the bathroom to take a shower. Once in the shower, I washed my hair and shaved all the necessary areas. I got out and wrapped a towel around my body. Walking into my room, I almost screamed at the sight of Pam sitting on my bed.

"Took you long enough. I've been waiting here forever! It's a surprise that I didn't wither away to nothing."

"Pam...I took a five minute shower...calm down."

"Well EXCUSE me for wanting to get to school early to check out the new hotties." Leave it to Pam to be solely focused on boys. Ignoring her, I continued to get ready for school. After putting on black lace panties and a matching bra, I put on a black skater skirt and a grey halter top paired with black pumps. I curled my hair and put on winged eyeliner and mascara with red matte lipstick. To top everything off, I put on my gold middies rings. ( http://www.polyvore.com/scarlett/set?id=170822843 )

"OK. I'm ready. Let's go and get this day in hell over with." I said

"Oh come on! Cheer up!! You're turning 18 in TWO DAYS!!" Pam yelled in my ear.

"I just have a weird feeling about this week. I feel like something big is going to happen an-" I was cut off by Pam gasping.

"Maybe you'll find your mate on your birthday!!"

"I don't know Pam. I mean who would want to be MY mate?" Sure I'm pretty but not as pretty as Pam. She could snap her fingers and all of the boys would be at her beck and call.

"Don't you dare think like that Scar. You're gorgeous. I would kill to have you brown hair so I can escape the stereotype of being a dumb blonde. Don't even get me started on your body. It's perfectly proportioned with your flat stomach and perfect thighs. I had to work for these thighs...you were just born that way you lucky b*tch." she lectured.

"Yeah you're right. Sorry, i-it's just I'm worried that if and when I do find my mate he'll reject me because I'm not 'good enough' for him."

"If he doesn't love you the way you are then he doesn't deserve to call you his mate."

"Thanks P."

"Anytime Lettie" Lettie was her nickname for me since the 3rd grade when Scarlett was to hard for her to say.

"Now..Let's get to school before Principal Hawkins has our heads on a platter" With that being said, we were off to school in my car (all black matte range rover).