Chapter 39

"The Enchanted Tree of Neverland?" I ask, oddly. The boys stand there, staring at each other, shocked yet happy.

"Sit down," Alex tells me, "It's going to be a long story." I huff in annoyance. Nothing in Neverland is explained easily.

"So when Pan and I got to this island, we read through some of these books to figure out what my clock was doing."

"I wish we would've read the book you found." Pan states sadly.

"We only ever found this book." Alex pauses and holds a small book in his hand. It's so small, it looks more like a pamphlet. "The only thing it writes, is how to be relieved of your clock." My eyes wide in interest as Pan takes over explaining.

"You needed very specific ingredients in order to cast the spell. The very first ingredient was the sap of the Enchanted Tree of Neverland. "

"We researched what that damned tree was," Alex starts," but when we went in search of it, Pan and I could never find it. "

"But you found it!" Pan yells, very bubbly, and I feel weird at his unusual cheery tone.

"How do you get sap from a dead tree?" I ask a bit annoyed.

"It's a magical tree, Aria." I roll my eyes and huff.

"How do we extract the sap?" I question.

Alex begins reading the book out loud to. "In order to take the sap from the tree, the ruler of Neverland must make a line of his blood on the tree and cut that line." Alex lifts his head from the small book and clenches his eyebrows.

"That's extremely odd." I look to Pan and he doesn't seem phased.

"The island works in mysterious ways," there he goes again.

"Well then, let's get going." I huff out and exit the room. The boys follow shortly behind me and soon enough, were dodging our way through the forest.

I try to retrace my steps but this entire island looks the same.

I continue walking until finally we arrive at the Enchanted Tree of Neverland.

"Here we go. " I stop and turn to the boys. Their eyes sparkle with amazement and their mouths drop in shock.

"She really found it." Alex chokes out in awe. Pan gives me a satisfied smile as he bites his lip. I smirk at him before turning back towards the tree.

"So are we going to do this?" I ask impatiently. Pan walks up to the tree, putting a hand on it. He then pulls his knife from his belt and slowly, makes a small gash on his skin.

He sucks in a deep breath in pain before using his finger and smearing a crimson line on the tree.

"Are we sure this is going to work?" Pan asks quietly.

"I sure hope." I say simply.

Pan uses his knife and drags it across the bloody line. Instantly, a gold and glimmering goo drips from the gash in the tree. Alex walks up to the tree with a small glass bottle and collects the beautiful and shimmering sap.

"Wow," is the only thing that falls out of my mouth as I look at the liquid gold.

Alex places it in a safe pouch and we walk back to camp. Once there, we enter Pan's hut and back into the library.

"Alright, what's the next ingredient?" I ask, anxiously waiting for the answer. Alex grabs the small book off the table and mentally reads it. His eyes go wide and he looks worried, which worries me.

"What is it?" Pan pushes, harshly.

"The next ingredient is Dream Shade."