Chapter Two

I take a deep breath once the door closes and my friends leave. I really wish I didn't have to go! Not only will I miss my friends. And Maxon. But I'll miss Queen Amberly as well. She was my second mother here. And now I may not see her and Maxon again!

I'm about to go to sleep in my bed for the last time, but something on my desk stops me. His letters. Those amazing, loving letters.

As quick as lighting, I get an idea.

It nearly takes me 10 minutes to find a piece of paper and a pen. When I do, I immediately start writing.

Your Majesty,
I would call you by your name, but I now feel that 'Maxon' is something that I no longer have the privilege to call you by.
Before you stop reading this and throw it out, or whatever you wish to do to take your anger out. Please. Just listen.
When I first came here, I didn't feel like I fit in. I was a fish out of water. I didn't have anyone to talk to, I honestly hated my outfits... By the way, thank you for letting me wear pants... Even the food made me feel overwhelmed! But when I met you...

I don't think I'll forget my going off at you the first time we met. At the time, I told you how stupid I thought coming here was. But I now wish I didn't have to leave. And I was wrong in saying that I came here by mistake. I realize now that the real mistake. Was losing you love and trust...
I know it's too late. But I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry for how I treated you when we first met, I'm sorry for getting jealous, and most of all I'm sorry for not tell you about Officer Leger and loosing your trust!
I love you! I honestly do! And even though I know you don't believe me. I just needed to tell you and apologize. And I can't live in a world without you!...

I take a deep breath and wipe the tears that have once again started to form in my eyes.

...I know you'll make a great king. And even though you may have lost faith in me. Just promise me, you won't lose faith in yourself.
Signed, America

~*~*~*~*~
"We'll miss you so awfully much!" Lucy says squeezing me tight.

We're currently standing out side the front door of the castle. It's the time for me to go home. My family is patiently waiting at the foot of the small staircase and I can see in my mother's eyes that she is both sympathetic and disappointed that I did not win. I would probably already be at my new home, if my maids thankfully hadn't managed to get permission from the queen to say good bye to me, and honestly I'm glad. The closer I am to that new place, the closer I am to breaking down in tears again.

When I pull away from Lucy's hug, I feel a lump in my thoat when I look at my young ex-maid because the girl is clearly crying. "Lucy..."

"I'm so sorry, Mam...America..." She says trying to rub the tears off her face. This, however, does not help my getting over the fact that I have to leave. "I just.just... can't stand it!"

"Trust me. I hate this just as much as you girls do...." I swallow the lump in my thoat. Don't do it America. You have to be strong. If not for your own sake, for lucy's.

"Well... Um. Ma.a.aybe, you'll be able to um. Vi.i.isit us?"

"I wish so too..." I then think about Maxon's last words to me and I nearly choke again. "...but I have to say. I doubt it."

"Why? I mean, you and his highness were just so close! Why wouldn't he wa..."

"Lucy." Anne lightly snaps at her.

"I'm sorry." Lucy says quickly before stepping back.

"Just promise me you girls will take care of each other." All three of them nod. "And Anne."

Anne steps up, ready for whatever I'm about to say.

"I wrote Max... His majesty, a letter." I choke again as I correct myself. It's going to take a while. "I left it on my desk... Please make sure he gets it."

"Of course." Anne says before hugging me tight. "I can honestly say you were the best Lady I ever had to wait on."

"And I am going to miss you all so much!" I say squeezing Anne just as tight before letting her go.

I sigh as I pick up my suitcase and descend the steps. I almost trip over my legs but luckily Mary and Lucy catch me before I can embarrass myself for the last time here.

When I reach my family, Gerad hugs me tight. I try my best to smile at him, but I can already feel the pain of having to leave, inside of me. I sigh and hug mom tight. Of all the times that I've needed Dad, right now was the time I needed him the most. Taking a deep breath, I step into the car to take me away.