Chapter 17

NO ONE'S POV:
It was dark and narrow. The road seemed to stretch for miles. Tress hung over the dirt road, somehow giving off a shade despite the fact that the clouds were a mad black as lightning flooded the sky and thunder clapped, water raining down. Adam stood, arms wrapped tightly around himself as if a shield around his abdominal area. He stepped, walking slowly shivering from the poring rain. Water plucked off his soaked hair and dribbled down his freckled cheek.
"Tommy!" Adam cupped his mouth, attempting to amplify his straining voice. He heard no response so carried on walking in the only paved direction. He caught quick glances of dark figures and angry eyes out of the corner of his eyes. Though the heavy rain and uneven vision made it hard to be sure if they were real or merrily a fragment of his imagination. He sped up his pace feeling the rain seeming to soak his shoe. "Tommy!" He called again, a whimper causing his voice to crack. "Tommy joe!" Nothing. Adams pace quickened as he began to run. Feet sinking into the mud, road seeming to stretch with every step he took. "Tommy!!"

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Tommy woke to the sound of whispered shouts and thrashing from Adam. "Dude." He rubbed his eyes, turning over to see Adam broken out in a cold sweat, brows pulled together in a pained expression and lips pierced. "Adam..?" Tommy turned over, hand on either of Adam's shoulder, shaking him slightly. Was it a Bad dream? It sure looks like it. He shook Adam again "baby, you have to wake up."

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Adam felt on the verge of tears as he pulled twigs, grass and pebbles from his hair. He wheezed, chest seeming to constrict him. It felt like he had been running for over five hours, yet he physically wasn't able to move any further than where he was currently at. He pushed himself off of his knees and back to his-what felt like-bleeding feet. He had to get out of here.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

"Adam!" He shook and kissed at him, trying almost everything to wake him. "Come on, baby. It's just a bad dream..." He soothed. Hmming at him and tried to get him to wake. Adam seemed to stir, eyes squinting closed only to pop open. He gasped, hands darting to cover himself. "Hey! Hey, calm down, baby it was just a bad dream." Tommy soothed, rubbing comforting circles on adams chest. Adam calmed, breath normal now. "You okay?" Adam nodded at Tommy's question and sat up, rubbing his eyes. He wasn't crying, he was just tired. "Wanna talk about it?" Tommy asked gently. Adam looked over and at the clock. 4:08 am. He shook his head this time "c-can we talk about it later..?" Adam asked. "Of course, babyboy." He kissed his lips and slipped back into sleeping position, waiting for Adam to come back and lay too. Eventually, reluctantly, Adam lowered himself. He sighed, remembering the dream. He turned to look at tommy, he thought it would be best to talk about it now cause if he didn't he would be able to get back to sleep. "To--" Adam stopped himself at the sound of a soft snore. His eyebrows furrowed and he turned back over on his back, staring up at the ceiling. "No sleep it is." He whispered, almost inaudible.