Chapter 7

Note: This chapter is based on Seigaku's training to go up against Rikkai and Captain Yamato's appearance. 

July 25, 2012

Schönsommer Mansion — Tennis Training Compound

Morning

"Faster! You've all gone slow!" Juri shouted to the Seigaku regulars who were doing one arm push-ups on the floor with their dominant arms in tennis. "After this you all have to do one arm chin-ups before the practice matches!"

"What? You gotta be kidding me!" Momoshiro said while grunting from the push-ups. He looked up to the board behind Juri and Coach Ryuzaku where their workout menu for morning was listed, without the need of calculator and just like with the past menus they've been doing since their first day, today was going to be dog-tiring again. "We're gonna play matches after this? My arm's gonna be like jelly the moment I hold my racket."

"Just shut up will ya?" Kaido told him. "Quit being such a whiny baby since you're already a muttonhead."

"Say that again, Viper?!" Momoshiro challenged. "I'll kill you after this!"

"Not if I kill you first!" Kaido yelled back.

"Stop it you two! If you don't shut up, I'll kick you out of here!" Coach Ryuzaki reprimanded. Then she turned to Juri and said quietly for only the two of them to hear, "He says he wants to hear the results tonight."

Juri nodded.

The practice matches arranged by Coach Ryuzaki were over just in time for lunch, and after two hours of rest for them not to feel sluggish and have any stomach discomforts, training resumed in the compound once more.

With their dominant arms, the regulars were climbing the rock-textured wall that looked almost like the Grand Canyon with belay, modular hand holds, incuts and protrusions. There was no resting as they immediately followed a one arm rope climbing and running around the electric human-sized hamster wheels. Right after practicing their racket swings, the boys were doing a hundred arm curls with dumbbells.

"Alright, now everyone will run thirty laps outside around the training compound!" Juri told the regulars.

"What? For real?" Kikumaru asked, almost dropping his dumbbells to the floor.

"Just do it!" Coach Ryuzaki told them. "No complaining, remember? Just get on with it and the faster you all finish, the better!"

The sky was in an orange glow by the time everyone had finished their laps. Ryoma, Fuji and Inui had managed to stay up their feet while leaning against the wall, while Oishi, Kaido, Momoshiro and Kawamura had fell to the cold, hard ground, as they were all breathing hard and trying to catch their breath.

"Alright, today's training menu is over. Everyone get back inside the mansion and prepare for dinner." Juri told them before turning to her heel and leaving.

"We're finally saved!" Kikumaru exclaimed with relief, as he slumped back to the ground.

"Two more days, right?" Kawamura asked while panting heavily. "Two more days and we'll finally stop the crazy running, right?"

"Crazy? You mean 'hell crazy', Taka-san." Momoshiro corrected, as he tried to get up. "Man my legs are like jelly, no, make that noodles."

"Speaking of noodles, I hope the chefs are making spicy ramen noodles for dinner tonight." Fuji said.