The Quarerback's Story!!! Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Zoe's Pov.

"She's set to go." The doctor turns to my mom with a smile.

"But she's gonna need to be on bed rest." I frowned at the doctors words.

"She's gonna be in a lot of pain, but you can give her some medicine to calm down the pain." The doctor explains to my mom. She nods her head with a frown on her face.

"I'll leave you to get dressed." The doctor leaves the room and I'm left with my mom.

"Where are the guys?" I ask her.

"Their at the house. They said they wouldn't leave until they saw you."  I nod my head and look up at the ceiling.

I didn't want to go home.

I didn't want them to see me this broken and I was suppose to be their rock, their leader. I felt myself being torn apart into little pieces. It felt like my whole body was on fire and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't ease the pain.

I wasn't ready to go home.

I made an effort of movement to get up and out of bed.

Key word: effort.

I failed miserably and my mom made her way over to me to help me up. I gave her a small smile.

"I'll wait outside the door for you. If you need anything, just call out my name, okay?" I nod my head at her. Once she leaves I pull off my gown, exposing my naked body.

Why I was completely naked underneath the gown, I had no idea.

I pull on my undergarments and pull a shirt followed by a pair of jeans. Sniffing my armpits I scrunch up my nose.

"I stank." I mutter to myself. God only knows how long I didn't take a shower.

I make my way to the bathroom. I stare at myself through the mirror. I hold up a hand to my mouth to hold back a sob.

I looked like Carrie after she killed all those people. 

My wrist were covered with bandages and blood had seeped through them both. I had baggy eyes that were purple, as if I had been punched in both eyes. My hair looked like a rats nest. I continued to stare at myself in the mirror for what seemed like forever before I did something that I would later regret.

I swung my fist towards the mirror.

I heard the glass crack and everything after that was a blur.

I heard my mom come into the bathroom and scream for help. I felt my body sliding down to the bathroom floor. My mom tried to pick me up. 

"What happened!?" I heard the doctor shout. My mom started crying while she explained. I felt the glass in my knuckles as I was carried to the bed by the doctor and my mom.

"Sweetie....talk to me..." I continued to stare down at the floor. I didn't want to look at them. All they would see in my eyes would be something deadly.

Something that even scared the shit out of me.

I felt the doctor come up to me. She lifted my wrist up and started to clean up my knuckles.

"Why would she punch the mirror?" My mom sobs out. I felt gauze being wrapped around my fist.

"I think she's experiencing shock." The doctor explains. She finishes bandaging up my wrist.

I'm so stupid.

Now my whole right hand was completely bandaged. Good thing I'm left handed.