Chapter 7: Midnights horror news scare

Five hours ago, they came back from the haunted school. They were so tired that they fell asleep. By the time they woke up, it was around 4:30 AM.

The television was still on, but all that was on the screen was the test pattern and an annoying high-pitched tone. They were about to turn it off and go to bed when something very strange happened.

Suddenly, the colored bars disappeared and the screen was filled with static. Through the white noise, they could make out an image. It gradually became clearer and they realized it was news footage of a train crash.

In the corner of the screen was a caption that read "NNN News Broadcast". They had never heard of it before and they wondered what was going on. A long list of names scrolled slowly down the screen while gloomy music played in the background. A low, monotonous voice read out each name, one by one.

Just then, they thought they heard their names being read out. A chill ran down their spine.

This went on for at least five minutes or so, until finally the voice announced: "These are tomorrow's victims... Goodnight..."

The music stopped, the picture faded back to static and they sat on the sofa wondering what they had just seen.

That night, they was too disturbed to sleep. All night, they tossed and turned, thinking about the strange news broadcast. When morning arrived, I called the police to see what happened

Shortly before 9 AM, the train they usually take to the park came off the rails. They saw the news report on TV. Almost 60 people were killed in the crash.

Ever since then, they've been too scared to leave Mary's house and they can't bring themselves to watch TV at night. And they can't bring themselves to watch tv at this hour of the night.