Chapter 3

Ok I'm back. I hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You have a son" Chandler repeated. He couldn't believe it. "You have a son" Monica turned from him and Mr. Turner.

"I'm sorry Ms. Geller but it's really busy" Mr. Turner said "Maybe if it was any another day but--"

"I understand but my son isn't feeling well and I have to pick him up" Monica said. She couldn't lose her job but Daniel was more important.

"I'll pick him up" Monica and Mr. Turner turned toward Chandler. "I mean I can get Rob to cover for me at the bar and--"

"You guys figure this out I have to check on the others" Mr. Turner said running his hand through his gray hair. He pushed up his glasses and rushed away. Now Monica and Chandler were alone.

"Look my offer still stands" Chandler said breaking the silence.

"Um-" she looked around and saw that the place was packed. "O-Ok" she grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down the address and teacher. "Um I'll call them and tell them you are picking him up"

"Ok" he went to grab the piece of paper away from Monica but she pulled the paper back.

"I don't know" she said hesitating.

"Geller it's going to be fine" he said. "Trust me" Monica smiled and handed him the piece of paper.

"Ok, Bing but don't lose him" she said as he began walking out. "Bring him back here" she shouted out one last time before he was out the door and she got back to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She has a son, Chandler kept repeating as he followed the directions. Well there's my chance, he thought sadly as he walked inside the building making sure he had the right address. It wasn't that hard to find Ms. Fray's room and he quietly pushed open the door. Chandler walked into the room and saw about 10 kids all in a circle staring at him.

"Hello" a woman probably Ms. Fray said

"I-I'm Chandler Bing, I'm here to pick up" wait what was her son's name, he started to panick.

"Daniel, right" Ms. Fray said "Ms. Geller said you would be picking him up, I'm Ms. Fray"

"H-Hi"

"Daniel, your mom's friend is here to pick you up" Ms. Fray shouted out. A few seconds later a small boy came out. He rubbed his eyes and let out a small cough.

"Um hey buddy" Chandler said awkwardly. "I'm gonna bring you to your mom's work, is that ok" Daniel nodded.

"Do you have everything Daniel" Ms. Fray asked. He walked slowly to his cubby grabbing his small backpack and walked back to Chandler. He looked so much like Monica, Chandler thought.

"Ok you ready buddy" Chandler asked.

"Yes" Daniel said quietly.

"Thank you Ms. Fray" Chandler added as they walked out. Once they were outside, Chandler felt a tiny tug at the back of his leg. He turned around and saw Daniel standing there thumb in his mouth.

"I'm tired" he said and rubbed his eye with his other hand (the one not in his mouth). Chandler thought fast and scooped him up, and as Daniel rested his head on Chandler's shoulder, he got some weird glances from people from on the streets. This is probably what Monica has to go through, Chandler thought. That thought made him mad, Monica shouldn't have to go through this. He adjusted Daniel before walking back to the restaurant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Monica hurried over to table ten balancing four dishes she checked the clock once more. Where are they. At that exact moment the restaurant door opened and Chandler with Daniel in his arms walked in. Chandler pointed to the employee room and Monica nodded. She checked the clock, 5 minutes till it was her break.