A Different Point Of View

The shadows were not warm, yet cold. A brutal cold that stung and pierced ones flesh as soon as broken through. Even for the smaller creatures, residents of the city, the shadows were a place to steer clear of, despite their cover.

Take all, steal all, escape. That was the code that he had set himself just as a young pup. Living out in the dirt encrusted cobble streets of a vast city meant food wasn't easy. Especially not when you're 'disease ridden vermin'. This rat didn't let that name stop him though. This rat was a brown rat, the best of the rats, and he was big. Having grown to be bigger than most of the bigger rats in his 2 million rat family; he had an advantage of being able to chase off others and scare even the most brutal humans.

Young and agile, he clambered out of the hole he had found and crept around, hugging the walls of the buildings in the alleyway. The scent of roasted nuts hung in the air tonight, a delicacy if ever he could get one. Sometimes, if he were lucky, a man would clumsily reach into the bag and drop a nut to the ground. Dirty ground did not affect rats unlike humans, so he would run on in swiftly and steal the nut from beneath the human's feet.

A nut the size they usually came could last him a couple of days, dependant on whether he cared or not to prolong it's use. Sometimes he couldn't resist the crunchy roasted flavour, but other times he would use that temptation to keep it and make the most of it; even if it did go rather cold after a while. 

Please Comment telling me whether you are interested in this :3 I thought about writing a different point of view that any other author has done and came up with this!