• F O U R •

My life was an unsolved puzzle. I spent my whole childhood and teenage years trying to fit people into the missing void, but what I hadn't realized is that maybe these people didn't fit for a reason. I suppose love was also a factor, I tried filling its place with pieces too big or pieces too small. But, somewhere along the line, she came along. And guess what? She fit.

•••

I flipped around the piece of paper with my fingers for the seventh time in the past hour. I flickered my eyes back to my cellphone that sat in front of me on the table and then back to the paper. I stared at the blue ink written on the paper, studying her handwriting.

What if it's fake?

Okay, obviously it's a real number. But what if she just gave me a random number so she can just blow me off without suspicion. No, she doesn't seem like that type.

What if I call her and she doesn't answer?

Was there an unwritten rule as to how long a guy had to wait to call a girl after getting her number?

I groaned, dropping the paper on the table. Again I had over-analyzed everything and cowered in the corner.

With a swift movement, I grabbed my journal out of my messenger bag and opened it to where my pen held its place. Picking up the pen, I begin to write.

12.17.14.

How long is too long? How short is too short? How do I make a decision without wanting to rip my hair out? The answer is: I have no fücking idea.

All the love,
H x

      I felt no inspiration at the moment but I felt the need to write something down for the sake of my sanity.

      My eyes fleeted around the coffee shop, looking for an interesting subject to focus on rather than a stupid phone number. I recognized Lucas behind the counter, minding his own business as he cleaned up the expresso machines. I moved over to the loud party in the back. Louis, Niall, and Ashton. They seemed to be amused with opening sugar packets and building structures with it.

      I push my set of earbuds into my ears and unlock my phone to select my favorite playlist on Spotify.

Seventeen, running from innocence, like its a lion..

I closed my eyes, soaking in the soft sung lyrics. Whenever my head got too filled up with worry or panic I simply just listened to music in hopes that the music would provide me with an answer.

Nipping at my heels, but I'm young so I out run 'em

      Suddenly a body appeared sitting across from me causing me to jump in short surprise. Hudson stared back at me with an amused grin as I pulled the earbuds from my ear not-so-gracefully.

      "You were up early this fine morning." She commented, taking my plate of chips away from me. "You usually hold my hair for me as I throw up after a long night of drinking."

      "Well, this morning I felt pretty lively so I came here for breakfast." I look at the chips. "Brunch." I correct myself.  She shrugged and continued to eat my leftovers.

      "What's that?" She asked with a mouth full, pointing to the piece of paper with her eyes. I quickly took it into my hand and stuffed it in my jacket pocket.

      "What's what?" A smirk spreads onto my face, stealing my chips back. Her mouth hung open and eyes widened.

      "Harry?! Did you get a girls number and not tell me?" She dramatically slapped her hands on the table and moved her face closer to mine. "You are required by law to tell me all the juicy gossip."