Chapter 11: PMS...What A Mess

Chapter 11: PMS…What A Mess

Brand never thought he would find himself enjoying food from the school cafeteria. After the twins had made their introductions it didn’t take long for Brand, John and Carey to raid the refrigerators. John grilled himself a burger, Carey toasted a pizza and for some reason Brand found himself craving fruit and some weird tuna mixture he found in the freezer. The kitchen was fully stocked, which meant they wouldn’t go hungry for a while.

Brand, John and Carey shared their story, but were interested in the twin’s journey.

“I was lucky enough to find a well secured supply room,” Carey said. “How about you girls?”

Mo titled her at her sister who sat beside her. “Gia, left her tampons in the car.”

Gia rolled her eyes. “I think we should just skip that part.”

“I’m sorry but it happens to be a very important part of our story.”

Gia narrowed her eyes and lowered her head in embarrassment. “Fine, continue, I suppose.”

“Gia, left her tampons in the car. One minute I’m sitting in English trying to flirt with this gorgeous hunk of a dude and my cellphone started to vibrate. I read it and I have received a text from my sister saying she was having a twin-mergency. It’s what we call emergencies that relate directly to us both but usually it’s just her with the problem.”

“This zombie invasion is a twin-mergency, though,” Brand interrupted.

Mo nodded. “Exactly, but her twin-mergency had nothing to do with zombies.”

“Wait,” John cut in. “You both have cellphones. We can call for help.”

Gia looked up. “Just keep listening piano boy.”

John’s eyes widened. “You know me?”

The twins snickered.

“We both watched your horrible performance at the talent show last year,” Gia clarified

John’s cheek grew red as Brand and Carey looked at him. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Nobody talks about it,” Mo said. “But we sure do enjoy laughing about it.”

“Continue your story,” John snapped. He didn’t want to revisit the shameful moment.

Gia could sense his anger so decided to cut him some slack. “Anyways, I went to the bathroom and delivered my sister a spare tampon. I decided to play some Angry Pigs on my phone while I waited for her to get her situation together. Ms. Sissa, that Spanish fly on the wall, walked in and saw me on my phone. She gladly took mine and even decided to check Gia for a phone and found it.”

“Dang,” John whispered under his breath.

Gia continued, “Before we finally were going to leave the bathroom I noticed my sister’s pants were stained with you-know-what. I’m not the best sister, but I do have a heart. We decided to just hang in the bathroom until school was over. The locked doors made it impossible to just skip and head home. Eventually, we heard somebody shout zombies and we hid inside a stall until we got so hungry we had to venture away. Now, we’re here. Glad to see some others have survived. “

“And it’ll stay that way if we stick together,” Brand said with a smile.

A loud set of growls could be heard outside the barricaded cafeteria door. Their enemies waited.