🌟 One 🌟

Just a head's up!
This chapter is of 5000+ words.. a rather lengthy chapter..

::::::::::

His finger caressed the beloved face of his wife tenderly. His eyes took in a loving light along with his lips curving upwards into a smile as his gaze fixed on the photo of them on his mobile screen. The photo at the time of their Sangeet of their second wedding. It was one helluva wedding which he never thought he'd enjoy. Enjoy he did, all with this girl who is now his wife too. All because of her.

With all the hype created around his wedding for the first time when they 'eloped' - as said by everyone - and got married, it had the same effect on their second marriage too, which has happened with full consent of both the families. He worried that there would be hurdles seeing that they've been hounded by the media just a day previous to the wedding. Much to his relief and the grace of Khushi's devimaiyya, everything went well.

And now they've been enjoying the post marital bliss until he had to attend an important international conference of business in London. He tried very hard to get her passport and VISA. But in the end, there had been some issue and couldn't take her with him. If only Khushi hadn't halted him, Aman would've been blasted and fired and roasted by the time he boarded his flight to London.

"Sir, please wear your seat belt." The attendant remarked politely. Arnav tied the belt with a nod and switched off his mobile again.

I'm coming Khushi.

He smiled imagining her face when she will see him at home. He had another two days of work there, but thanks to the insomnia he felt due to the lack of Khushi's warmth which he got used to, he finished his work and demanded it be finished as soon as possible. And now he awaited to see his wife's face and capture the surprise of his arrival.

~

He got out of the car Aman had sent him, and walked to his home with a familiar bounce in his step. After his marriage, he got used to enjoying coming back home rather than going to office. His finger pressed the doorbell urgently. He felt as if he's waiting for his board results to be declared, all the funny feeling anxiety creates, he felt them in himself. But why?

He heard the sound of door opening and HP stood at the entrance. He smiled at the family's kind and loyal servant but frowned when he was answered with a long hesitant almost sad fearful look. Waving it off for the time being, he handed his travel bag to HP and entered into the house.

"Where's Khushi?" he asked HP expectantly. If she is in the living room with the family, then it is only so much fine with him.

"Arnav Bhaiyya...wo...Khushi Bhabhi...wo..."

"HP-ji, who is it?" Arnav looked up at the voice to smile at his sister. But his smile vanished all together seeing the scene in the living room and his blood boiled to the highest heating point.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BA****D DOING HERE??" He shouted at the top of his voice and everyone flinched in their places. He saw Nani, Mami, Akash and Anjali sitting in the living room chatting along with the scoundrel called 'Shyam'. "You were kicked out of this house and you don't have a shame to come back into the same house and sit amongst us? Who in the damn f*****g hell brought him here?" Everyone's eyes widened listening to the cuss words rolling out of Arnav's mouth.

"Chotte! What do you think you're speaking? Don't use that language here at home." Anjali stood up angrily.

"Screw the language. Just tell me, who brought him here." Arnav's words were low, deliberately slow, and sounded particularly menacing which made everyone present there gulp in apprehension.