e l e v e n

Songs:

No Sleeep ~ Janet Jackson
Eyes Shut ~ Years and Years
Till Sunrise ~ Goldroom (ft. Mammals)

.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.

Meet the Mellets

I stood at the front door of the house with my backpack on my shoulders.

It was a couple hours after getting mad at Troye and although I wanted to skip the studying at his house, Colleen has just reminded me what the consequences were of failing my senior classes.

Ben has found out I was going to Troye's, so he made it his mission to come with me.

Of course Josh had stepped in and driven Ben to the movies to see a well anticipated film that had to do with paper and towns.

Whatever that means.

I opened the big wooden door and stepped out into the cool Minnesota air.

Troye's house was only two blocks away which was nothing compared to all the miles I had ran while roof jumping.

As I walked down the sidewalk, I thought about my friends that were probably halfway to New York by now. I knew they wouldn't wait for me and they wouldn't try to break me out. Although I was their unofficial leader, breaking me out would take lots of strategic planning and time which you never have when your on the run. It would only get themselves caught.

My backpack began vibrating. Scared of the bomb once again, I began searching through my bag with sweat beading on my forehead.

The phone.

Checking the loud piece of shit, I saw I had one missed call from Ben and a text following saying 'have fun ;-)'

I scoffed and moved my thumb to turn off the device but instead triggered the built in camera.

The concrete below me was instantly adjusted by the lens, the colors only saturated on the single green weed growing from the crack in the pavement.

It was a beautiful image.

So I snapped a picture. Looking around me, I saw many more beautiful images. The moving images of a tree branch swaying or of a pile of leaves being blown by the wind.

I had to capture it.

So I did.

I snapped two, then three, then ten pictures all in separate spots. I focused on leaves, flowers, clouds, house exteriors and anything else that caught my eye.

I had continued walking while taking pictures and looking up I recognized the house number of the address Troye had given me.

It was a nice house. Not as big as Colleen's but nonetheless a fancy two story farm house with a big backyard, expansive patios, lots of hanging plants, old styled windows, some grassy fields in the back, and even a barn.