Betrayal and Regret

Kyrie

"Natalia?  W-what are you doing here?"     

"I just need to talk to you for a little bit.  Please."  Why couldn't she talk to Damian instead?  They act like couples and like they know each other more than I do. 

"Then tell me Natalia.  Why did you leave me for Damian?  Is it because he is better than me?"

"Kyrie I-".

"It's fine.  It was all my fault.  You never liked me anyways."  Those words I blurted out hit her hard.  It seemed like she was about say something but I didn't want to hear it.  I tried to walk pass her towards the exit until she grabbed tightly on my arm. 

"Please Kyrie.  I could explain." 

"You mean you're going to explain why you never talked to me for four months?  I already know why.  You wanted to be with Lillard because he looked cuter than I did, that's why you refused to talk to me.  Isn't that right?" 

"N-No that's not it."  Now she was the one getting into my nerves. 

"Stop lying.  I know so many players who have experienced it.  And you're just one of those girls who have dumped them."  Natalia stepped away from me, letting go of my arm. 

"I- I'm sorry."  Sorry?  There was no more sorry for her.  She fucked everything up and there was nothing to change that.  I exited the house and got into my car.  If Natalia really wanted to get back with me, she wasn't going to be the same Natalia. 

Natalia

I laid on the bed crying. Fuck my life. Did I truly deserve this? Is Kyrie and I really lost? I needed him because he was the one who changed me. I tried to be a nerd back in college and would still be one if it weren't for Kyrie.  I chose to ignore him because I was scared that he was going to hate me for lying for the first time in my life.  I waited for him to talk to me, but I didn't realize that he was the one waiting for me.  I started going out with Damian, thinking that Kyrie and I are done from each other.  Fuck, I felt like an idiot when I saw Kyrie at the door, causing me to guess that he still cared about me.  I manage to stop crying after a few moments and tried to stand up.  I headed towards the door until Anastasia showed up at the door with a pale face.

"N-Natalia!  You need to see this!"  She quickly grabbed my hand and dragged me to the living room.  The TV screen showed an ambulance gathering around a small store. 

"W- what's going on?" 

"K-Kyrie."  Kyrie?  The headline news read: Cleveland Cavaliers NBA player Kyrie Irving has been shot. When I read it, I looked at it in shock and stepped away from the TV. 

"Oh my god.  No!"  I almost fell until someone caught me from behind. 

"Whoa there, you alright?"  I looked up to see Damian's worried face.  I quickly got up and moved away from him.

"I'm fine.  Can you stay here and watch the house?  Anastasia and I are going to buy something."  I grabbed Anastasia's hand in a flash and ran outside. 

"Where are going?" 

"We're going to see Kyrie!  Duh."  There was nothing else we could do. 

"Oh. How are you so happy after seeing that?" I paused in silence, looking down sadly. 

"I'm not happy, I'm just trying to calm myself down and give myself hope that he's going to be alright."  Anastasia escaped from my grip, and crossed her arms.

"I don't think he would want to see you after what you've did to him. I think you should stay with Damian since you really care about him more then Kyrie." Shit. I'm losing more friendships than I really should.

"T-That's not true!" She looked at me suspiciously

"Really? Because you've changed. You are always drunk, and you're flirting with a bunch of guys I don't even know the name of. Even worse, you drag me everywhere to see this and it worries me so much."  I looked away from her in guilt and regret. 

"I wasn't thinking, Anastasia.  I was being stupid and didn't realize that everything I did was wrong. I only did this because I wasn't with Kyrie." 

"But you were the one who left Kyrie. How can he forgive you for that? You have broken Kyrie so much that he no longer feels hope."  Tears were starting to flow now for me.  I got to admit, I can't take it when someone goes over my limit unlike Anastasia's calm and strong personality.  I sat against a wall, hugging my knees in sorrow like a little girl who was crying. 

"I'm sorry.  I'm sorry for everything.  There's nothing left for me too since you are refusing to let me to see Kyrie." 

"I'm just saying that you might hurt Kyrie even more if he sees you." 

"Then can I make myself disappear where you and Kyrie would no longer feel hurt?"  She widen her eyes at me and gripped my hand tightly. 

"W-what are you saying Natalia?  Don't tell me you're thinking of..."  I nodded and got up, but she quickly hugged me from behind.  "Natalia, please stop!  I'm not going to let you do this to yourself. Even if you lost Kyrie, you're still my best friend!"  I'm afraid I have to ask this question again in a different way. 

"If I ever made anyone or you hurt, would you still trust me?"  Anastasia fell silent and backed away from me.  "That's what I thought." 

A few minutes later...

I sat in the waiting room alone while Anastasia was inside checking on Kyrie. I didn't meant to hurt Kyrie this much, and it's costing his life. Please God, don't let him die. I made a huge mistake, but he doesn't deserve this, I do! I cried silently, praying and hoping that he wasn't dead. Just then, the door opened and Anastasia appeared at the doorway. She nodded and I stood up from my seat and walked in. As I walked in, I saw Kyrie sleeping on the hospital bed without any sound except of the beeping of the machine. I sighed in relief that he was still alive. I sat down on a chair that was next to the bed and touched his hands gently.  I missed him, I missed him so much.  I didn't realize the missing piece I was feeling this whole time was Kyrie.  We bonded so much that we could never run away without thinking about each other.  I closed my eyes, trying to remember those moments we had together. 

Kyrie

A few hours later...

"Ugh". My head hurts like hell.  I slightly open my eyes and noticed a white ceiling with the sound of beeping.  I felt someone holding my left hand causing me to turn to see the girl that betrayed me.  She had her head on the bed looking down. 

"What are you doing here?"  Natalia quickly looked up at me with a shocking look.  She was into tears, like, lots and lots of tears.  

"K-Kyrie?"