I N T H E G A M E

T W O:

T W O:

Before Dan and I fell unconscious into oblivion, all I remember was the world blurring around us. It spun in rapid circles, ejecting an array of colours into the warped atmosphere. It was no regular atmosphere, that's for sure; it was a wind tunnel. It ate away at us viciously, so consequently, we fell faint and nauseous.

I grasp my pounding forehead, my eyelids still clutched tightly. A small groan escaped my lips. "Danny!" I exclaim, followed by an abundance of violent coughs. Gradually, my eyelids flutter open, completely unprepared to analyse my new surroundings.

Sitting up, my elbows dig into the laminated flooring. My eyes widen, threatening to ooze out of my head. I distinguish a purple bar, scattered with Sim figurines, revolting tinder glasses and a fish bowl. My eyes switch left to the kitchen, where the fridge and oven are glazed green, and the familiar array of rainbow seating lay out in front of me. Lastly, I notice two white oak doors that lead to the bathroom, and bedroom. Wait a damned minute. Dil Howlter's house?

"Sul sul!" A voice appeared behind me. Panic-stricken, I scamper from the floor, spinning on my heel. A familiar pair of green irises meet my own; the tufts of midnight hair lay prominent on top of his skull, resembling a hobbit. His cheek bones scrape into his cheeks, eyebrows tilted identical to Dan's. The hearts displayed on his black t-shirt were faded. In a questioning tone, he adds, "Hooba Noobie?"

I let out a blood-curdling scream, my cheeks draining of colour. "Dan! DAN!" I scream, my voice bouncing off every wall. Dizzily, I stagger backwards, blood rushing to my brain. Please, don't pass out again.

"Yeah?" Dan responds, his voice tunnelling from further into the house. Relief washed my veins. Hearing his voice sets a sense of fulfilment into my heart. The tranquility of his tone rolls down my spine. He circles the corner, popping out from the bedroom door frame. An humongous smile tugs at his lips, overpowering the entirety of his face. "This is legitimately the best pack yet!"

"You're kidding? How are we supposed to get back?" I argue, my lip quivering as I tried to think.

"We'll think of something, Phil."

As I pace through Dil's living room, he and Dan lounge on the sofa, seemingly viewing the cooking channel on his Penguin TV. Dan also attempts to teach Dil the English language.

"Philly, I think Dil says he's sorry for startling you earlier." Dan explains in a soft tone, his eyes meeting mine. He offers a smile warmer than melted butter and sympathetic eyes that wins me over effortlessly.

I sigh. "It's.. alright. I suppose it could've been worse. I could've caught a glimpse of the mirror butt." I begin to chuckle, seeing the advantages of living in the game. Although when we arrive home, I'm adamant I'll have to purchase new equipment.

"It's weird, you know? I expected him to look a lot worse in real life," Dan grins. Up close, Dil's features are anything but pixelated. He lives as if he were human, with pasty white skin and an astonishingly realistic face.

My eyes roll as my body reaches the restricting place between theirs. "You can't say that about our son," I tease, leaning against Dan. Looking down at me, a laugh dribbles from his lips, and just like this, we fall into a comforting silence.

🎮

Hours tick by, the budgeted clock on the wall displaying 3am. My eyes were the only pair open. Dan lay with his head perched on my clothed chest, and his legs distributed along the sofa. In the identical position we forever ended up on our sofa back in the human world. Slowly, my fingers trail to his fringe, pushing a piece of hair gently from his closed eyelids.

Dil automatically changed into his clown suit as he drifted off moments before Dan. He slumps backwards, his head crooked against the back of the seat. I attempt to manoeuvre it, none the less even in his sleep, he's as stubborn as Dan. Afterwards, my eyes eventually close, my lips forming a sentimental smile. As insane as it may be, I don't mind living in the Sim world after all, even if temporary. I acknowledge that some day I'd have to leave, however my heart thrives to live in the moment, with Dan, Dil and myself. A peculiar, yet loving family.

And suddenly, the dreadful Sims 4: To Life doesn't seem so dreadful. It sounds like home - one that could only ever be temporary.

🎮

I just want to thank everyone who read this story story of mine. I wasn't expecting as many readers as it has gotten so far. It just means a lot to me. This book has been under serious construction, and I'm considering continuing it, as I've had many requests, in which I'm going to need ideas. Please comment them here! :3