C. 1

Time flies, I thought; staring at the never-ending stopwatch bound to my wrist. Except, this stopwatch is not normal. It counts down until the exact second I meet my perfect match. My soulmate, as some people would say. At some moments, I am anxious to know, but at others, I'm terrified. What if he happens to be 10 years older than me, and a creep? I always think of the worst case scenario, so I'm not thunderstruck by the results.
1 year.
6 months.
23 days.
7 hours.
13 minutes.
4 seconds.

•~•

Sitting on a bench at Grand Central Station, reading the one and only James Patterson, I hear a train pass by. Startled, I look up. And... there he was. His hair dark, white earbuds in, foot tapping to the beat of the music. He was sitting at the bench directly in front of me; completely unaware of my bright green eyes fixated on his face. His jawline was sharp, but not too outstanding. This stranger was wearing a purple band shirt under an unzipped leather jacket; a band I didn't recognize. He seemed excited. Maybe even anxious to get to his destination once the train arrived. I noticed his eyes glance this way. Quickly, I looked down, pretending to read. While I was staring at this beautiful man, I seemed to forgotten what paragraph I was on.
"Train 343 boarding." A dull female voice said over the intercom. Realizing this was my train to catch, I close my book and take one last look at the stranger. He was also standing, iPod in hand. I guess this is his train also. Lucky me.
The doors slid open, and a line of fellow New Yorkers seeped inside. I was the sixth boarder. My head turned to see if he happened to be in the same line as me, and sure enough, he was about three people behind me. I stepped forward onto the train, and chose a seat. As the final man stepped on, the doors slid closed, and slowly the train moved onward. I pretended to adjust myself, and leaned in towards the hall to take a glance right. The stranger was also sitting, but four seats to my right in the row in front of me. Ah, how nice.
I opened my book once more; page 167. Five minutes through the train ride, I was as uninterested as an untrained dog going to fetch a stick. I bit my lip. The subway train lights flashed. Someone is watching me... I can feel it. I look around, trying not to be obvious. My eyes scanned the row in front of me, and to my surprise, it was the boy. He grinned. I smirked back, and he rolled his eyes, still smiling. The train halted, and I leaned left. This was my stop.