Chapter 18

Akashi's POV :

She asked me to marry her. I couldn't get her off my mind. What has she done to me? Maybe she said it all because she wasn't sober. My mind was flooded by a million questions. I wanted to say yes. But it's of no use. She wouldn't remember any of this when she wakes up anyway.

On the other hand, The King is sick.. Maybe I should go back to the castle. He is my father after all. Mother always wanted me to respect and obey him. But...
Fine. For once now, I'll put my ego aside and visit him.

We reached the hideout, and I was out of breath. I carried her inside, down the stairs and into her room. This was the first time I entered her chamber. I was surprised to see that the room was spotless and clean. [ A/N: Levi, anyone?]

I laid her sleeping form down on the bed, and pushed her hair off her face.

" Sei.. " she mumbled.

It made me smile. I continued to remove her shoes off her legs, and threw them aside. I pulled the covers over her, and touched her cheek.
Her heart thumped in accordance with slow, shallow breaths. Serenity was plastered across her face as she slept. The only movement was the slight rise and fall of her chest.

I bent low and pressed my lips on her forehead. I stayed that way for a few seconds until a quiet moan escaped her lips.

I pulled away with a smile still playing on my lips. I was about to walk away, but she spoke again.

" Don't go "

She sleep talks. I found it adorable . I sat down beside her sleeping form, and held her hand in mine. In sleep, she was angelic, her face as fresh as a dew drop, making gentle snuffling noises as she breathed.

I stared at her face, while my fingers drew patterns on the back of her palm.

My gaze shifted off her, and scanned around the room. Other than the cot, there was a tall and wide wooden cupboard, a side table beside the bed, and also a huge rack full of books.

I stood up and made my way towards the book rack and scanned through her collection. She had many novels and religious books. I found a few scrolls with maps on them, and also a book ' How to rule', which made me smile inwardly.
One book caught my attention more than any other. I pulled it out.
The book was old and heavy, the leather felt soft and delicate as I ran my fingers over the faded blue bindings. I fingered the gold lettering carefully before I opened the cover, paper rustled as I thumbed through the book hoping to find something interesting. Words appeared and disappeared as my eyes flitted across the pages, quickly picking out anything of importance from the jumble of sentences that littered the world I had become immersed in.

It was her personal diary.

Should I read it? Isn't it wrong to invade her privacy?
My eyes were focused on the book, curiosity building like a cat fixated upon its prey. I sighed and opened it.

Page 1:

' This book is the property of Ishida Akira. '

Her last name struck me. My heart rate increased, I flipped a page.

Page 2:

OWNER' S PROFILE:

'Ishida Akira, daughter of King Ishida Kichiiro and queen Ishida Masaaki.
Princess of Kingdom Kyoto. '

I flipped through a few more pages as the tension built up.

Page 23:

Dear diary,