Margo I

Song of the Chapter: Landslide - Oh Wonder
Margo at the top.
(If you know who she actually is, comment so I can give credit.)
Chapter Status: Editing, Not YET Readable
Official(not actual) Date Of Posting: 09/13/15

     "Have you ever felt depressed? Frustrated? Sick of life?"

     Yes. Almost everyday. "Not really. Rarely, actually."

     Mrs. George looks up from her notebook and looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Rarely?"

     I nod, the mug of hot chocolate in my hands feeling colder by the minute.

     Mrs. George nods and looks at her wristwatch. "Well, Ms. Travers, our time for today is unfortunately finished." she informs me as she stands up, straightening her skirt. "I will see you in our next one hour session next week."

     I shake her outstretched hand. Is her smile always that big? "I will be here on time for once." I smile shakily.

     "Great, see you next week, Margo."

     I collect my bag from the floor before walking out. I didn't finish the hot chocolate.

     The short walk from the office of Mrs. George to the café was uneventful. Belle looks up from the cash register as I walk in, the bell at the top of the door announcing my presence in the empty café.

     "Another session?" she asks, drying a cup with a towel. I nod, deflated. "Well, you can sit in your usual chair. Your drink is on the house."

     "Thanks Belle. But I think I'll take the drink home." I mumble, grabbing my purse from my bag.

     "Don't you dare pay me right now. I swear, I'll get Henry in here."

     I smile softly, placing my purse back. "Fine, but I owe you."

     She pouts but starts making my usual drink. A hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon on top. "Hey, Margo, tomorrow is... Tomorrow is their death anniversary right..?"

     I stare at the brick wall behind the counter before bowing my head. "Yeah."

     "You need me to come with you?" Belle asks as she adds the whipped  cream at the top.

     "That would cause you trouble, Belle... You have to take care of the shop and your brother... He might look at me with pity again..."

     "Henry can take care of the shop while I'm gone. And if he does look at you with pity again, I'll punch him, you hear?" she answers as she hands me the cup, adding cinnamon as I hold it. "Margo, you're not alone. I know the pain the loss of a loved one can bring. I'm here for you, Margo. I swear. I'll stand by your side through thick and thin. You're my friend. And I don't want their death to affect your birthday."

     I blink my eyes rapidly, trying not to cry. Belle quickly gets out of the booth and gently grabs the cup from my shaking hands, setting it down on the counter before hugging me. I sob into her shirt.

     Have I ever felt that life is unfair?

     Yes. A million times yes.

. .Forgiveness. .

     The sky was free of all clouds. Lights were off, no cars. No one was out except for hardcore party goers. Well, and me.

     The stars were brighter at four in the morning.

     For me, that is.

     At four in the morning; Winter Peak mayor, Alexis Drevan,  closes down the electricity. This gives the clubs enough time to shoo their guests and close their shops.

     It helps save power, not that we needed it. When Alexis became mayor, he ordered all wires to be removed and our electricity to be derived from the sun. Solar Panels were not cheap, I tell you that. But it was worth it.

     Back to the stars however, I could connect every star to create my own constellation. No constellation is too big. I always will find a way to connect another.

     I love it here. On the rooftop I mean. I could always stay here without a care in the world. Sure, it's not safe. Sure, it's cold.

     But it's peaceful.

     I could cry here without anyone knowing. I could mess with drunks by dropping water balloons on them.

     But most of all, I can scream and yell all I want. It echoes sometimes but most of the time it just gets lost in the wind.

     I love that. I don't want anyone to know about my inner feelings.

     In Winter Peak, I accept that people just know me as the girl who works as the cashier in the local Barnes & Noble. I don't accept people to know that I'm the girl who survived the accident. The girl who was meant to die.

     Who would love that image of themselves to be shown to the world?

     Who would want the world to know who they really are and to just accept the consequences?

     If you are one of those people, I applaud you.

     I sigh before pulling out the rectangular locket I got in Senior high.

     I wonder.

     I slowly push the tiny button at the side making the locket open. Hayley, Jess, Oliver, and I were wearing our graduation gowns, hugging one  another, big smiles on our faces.

     I grip the locket tightly.

     I wish you're all still okay.

     Oh how I wish, you're all still okay.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Question/s from the author;

What are your thoughts on Hailey?