Part 15

I ran to dally, but the cops had us surrounded and they grabbed my arms and pulled me back. "You idiots!! Let him go! Please!! He is innocent, Please!" I was ballin like I had never before. "Ma'm, you have the right to remain s..-" I cut him off. "I will not be silent you fool! My only family has been takin away by you idiots! You are all stupid! Stupid cops! Stupid!! Please don't take him.. Please!!" They let go of my arms and they left. I ran outside and saw the cop car drive off, I can see dal through the window. I went my knees with my head in my hands. I got up and found a phone. I called the Curtis house, "hello" i said. "Hello, Sarah." "pony give the phone to Darry!" "Hey Sarah what's the matter." "Darry... Dally he's..the cops came and cuffed him. I don't know what to do." "Alright Sarah were comin." I hung up the phone and got my stuff and waited in the parking lot. 40 minutes later, I saw a car pull up and I got in. The entire gang was there. "So Sarah what's going on." Two-bit said. "Dally.. the police took him!" Tears were comin down my face somethin fierce. "It's gonna be alright Sarah." "Every one tells me that but what if it's not.. What If dal is stuck in jail for 4years! I can't live without him! I just can't!! He is all I got!" My face was so red and my eyes were puffy, by the time we got to the police station. I ran inside and went to an officer. "You!! I'm here to see Dallas Winston." The gang came in and said," we're with her!" The officer let me go through the gates. I saw Dally getting pushed through the hallway. There was a wall of glass separating us. "Dal." He looked up. "Sarah! Sarah I'm sorry I put you through this." I guess he saw how much I've been crying. "Dal please don't leave me! Please." "Sarah I love you." "I love you to Dal." And then the officer pulled him up and he went back inside. "No.. No! Were is he going!" An officer came behind me and said," Ma,m you should go home now." "I won't go home! I won't! Where's Dally! I want to see him! No!" I screamed and shoved the officer when he pulled me up by the arms and threw me out. I laid there crying until the whole gang came out. I had never cried in front of the whole gang before, I just couldn't help it, Dally was gone and I don't know what to do. Soda pulled me up and said, "Sarah it's gonna be alright, don't cry." "No it's not. Dally's gonna be in jail and he is the only family I got, after my parents died he took me in, and I love him and not as a brother, more than that." The gang looked puzzled. I had never told anyone besides Sodapop about me and Dal. Nobody said anything on the ride home. I decided to stay in the motel. It was close to dally so I can visit him and he had already paid for 2 weeks to stay here anyhow. Darry told me he was only in for 2 years in prison and that's only because the judge felt bad for him. 'Two years I thought, two whole years without dally. No more waking up to see him next to me, no more of him calling me Bud, no more kisses, no more of his arm around me, and the most important no more family. I will be all alone and no one was really like family to me except Dallas. He always hanged around me and my parents so I knew home real well. I went in the bed room and saw his leather jacket. I held it close to me and cried the whole night.