Chapter Seventy Three

YOUR POV

I walked into the store to buy my drink when I felt a pair of eyes burning into my side. Before making it to the counter, I turned to see those two emeralds staring right back at me. I froze.

Kendall.

I didn’t know what to do. I knew the shock was clear on my face. I just turned right back around and walked as fast as I could away from that store. I only got a few steps before I began running, and then sprinting. The tears stung my eyes, being blown away by the cold wind that cut my face like needles.

It wasn’t until after I’d run two blocks and I’d started to slow down that I heard the footsteps behind me. I whipped my head around and there he was. Kendall.

I wasn’t able to form words in my state of mind. I couldn’t say anything. I just stood there and looked at him. I wanted to tell him to go away, to leave me so I could just cry and remember what we once had. The other part of me wanted to hold him close, to never let go of him.

“Hi.” He said, walking over to me.

For my own mental sake, I took a step back. His expression killed me.

“I-I’m sorry, Kendall.” I said, the tears starting to fall. “I just can’t do this.” I turned around, but felt his hand on my arm.

“You don’t even want to hear what I have to say?”

I didn’t say anything. Just stood in place, still facing the opposite direction.

“Go ahead.” I told him, unable to look into his eyes, or even at his face.

“YN, I know I’m gonna sound like a dick because of this, but I can’t stop thinking about you, or us. I just...I can’t function. I overreacted, and I need you. I’m not expecting you to just take me back in a second because you’re not that easy, but I just want you to know-“

I turned around and pressed my lips against his in a movement so quick I swear I got whiplash. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me as he pulled me closer to him, our lips not breaking contact.

“I missed you so much.” I blubbered, pulling away and burying my face in his shoulder. “I thought you hated me.”

“YN, I could NEVER hate you.” He said, holding me.

“What are we doing?” I asked him. “Why did we break up over something so STUPID?!”

He smiled shaking his head. “I honestly don’t know. But it doesn’t matter because that’s history. I just want to focus on the here and now, okay?”

I smiled uncontrollably and nodded.

We began walking back to his car so he could take me home and would most likely wind up spending the night. I couldn’t wait to see what the future had in store for the two of us. I could tell it was going to be something good. I just knew.

“What, you have nothing to say?” He taunted. “Getting a little speechless, are we?”

I shook my head. “No. Just breathless.”

--The End--