-28-

My heart drops when the women says those words. Guilty of murder in the first degree.

"We also came to the conclusion that Heather Smith is not mentally ill," my heart drops farther, if that's even possible. If I'm not mentally ill, I'll have to go to prison.

I turn around with tears in my eyes looking at Luke, Ashton and Calum to see them with their mouths open as the cop puts the cuffs on my hands.

"WAIT!!!!!" I hear a yell then see Michael pushing through the door with stack of papers in his arms.

"Order, order in the court!!!" The judge yells as everyone quiets down.

"Sir this isn't a wedding you can't just come running in here once we have already chosen the verdict," he says.

"But Judge Brown, I was just at Heather Smiths house and I think there are some things you might want to see that her mother had in her room," Michael says.

"He's lying don't listen to him. He's just a delusional stupid child," my mom says.

"Don't talk about Michael that way!" I yell at her and she rolls her eyes.

The judge sighs, "I don't usually do this after we have chosen the verdict but I feel you are a trustworthy kid. Even if you have weird colored hair. What do you have for us, Mr. Clifford?"

Michael runs up to the front of the court room and hands the judge the pictures in his hands. "Please everyone take a seat, including you, Heather," Judge Brown says and we all sit. My hands still in cuffs.

"Mrs. Jones please come get these pictures. I will let you do what you want to do with them," the judge says. Mrs. Jones hurries up to him and takes the pictures.

"I would like to call Mrs. Smith back up to the stand."

My mom rolls her eyes as she walks up and sits down.

"As you may or may not know, we had Michael go and search your house-" my mom cuts her off.

"That's breaking and entering!"

"Not when he used the key from your daughter. Anyways, we had him go and search the room you always had padlocked. When Michael arrived he said the padlock was on the floor, must've been in a hurry today Abigail?" My mom scoffs and rolls her eyes, "no."

Mrs. Jones ignores her comment and continues, "in my hand I have a stack of pictures of your uh room. Lots of things in there. Oh wow in this one it looks like you have multiple knives lined up. Wow. About 10 maybe? Oh and look, this picture you have a dart board and there is a picture of Jay on it. Shall I continue?"

"That doesn't prove any thing."

"Oh really? Ok well I'll just continue on then. This is a picture of a calendar. It has multiple things written in red, then on one day it says 'end him'. I'm assuming Jay-"

"Alright fine!!!!" My mom yells. "I did it. Heather didn't kill anybody. I did. I killed my first husband and my most recent husband." My mouth drops open.

"Guards, arrest her and unlock Heather," Judge Brown tells the police officers and they undo the handcuffs from my wrists and go toward my mother.

"Abigail Smith. You will be spending 50 years in prison for the murder of your husbands." Those words made me so happy to hear.

"Heather Smith. You are free to go. You will not be going back to the asylum since you are not insane. Enjoy your freedom."

---

"I'm so happy for you, Heather!!!!" Michael says hugging me in the lobby of the court room.

"Me too! But I have no clue what I'm going to do.  I'm definitely not going to go live back in my house," I sigh.

"Live with me."

"What?"

"I have an extra room! I told you that before!"

"Wow, Michael, you'd actually let me live with you?" I smile.

"Of course, Heather. You're like my best friend," he giggles and we hug as Luke comes up to us accompanied by Calum and Ashton.

"Congratulations Heather!!!" Luke says giving me a hug.

"Thank you for everything you've done, Luke. I wouldn't have been able to be free without you," I smile into his shoulder.

"Anytime, Heather, anytime."

"So, I guess this is goodbye," I say sadly.

"I guess so. It'll be weird not seeing your face at the asylum, but at least I'll know you're ok. I have to go now. Goodbye Heather."

"Goodbye Luke."

"Calum! Ashton! Hurry up!" Officer Bailey yells at them.

Calum runs over giving me a hug and mumbling about how he'll miss me and I better come visit.

"You better not give me a rushed goodbye, too," I frown at Ashton.

"Never," he smiles and pulls me in tight for a hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much," he says as his fingers run through my hair.

"I'll miss you too," I sigh, "I'm going to come and visit as much as I can. I promise."

"Good," he says. We stand there hugging for a while and when we eventually pull away we are both crying.

"Don't cry, we'll see each other again soon," he wipes the tears off from under my eyes.

"Goodbye Ashton."

He kisses my cheek. "Goodbye Heather."

Michael comes over and starts rubbing my back. "Cmon lets go home." Home. That word sounds so great.

Michael wraps his arm around my shoulder as we exit the court house and I begin the start of my new life.

THE END

---

Omg it's over. Epilogue will be up soon since there will be a sequel!

Love you all so much!!