Nightmare

Cliche

Thats all I'm gonna say

"Spain? Spain!" The personification of South Italy cried as he sat straight up in bed like a bullet. He looked around the room with wide eyes that were already spilling tears like a faucet. Hazel orbs fell on the lump under the blankets, and a shaky sigh of relief escaped the nation when he realized who it was. 'He's fine, calm down.' Romano had just woken up after a terrifying nightmare. In that dream, he'd lost Spain. And of course he would never admit it, but losing the Spaniard was his worst nightmare. Spain was one of the only people in the entire world who could ever make him smile, so losing him would break him. Not to mention he was head over heels in love with the bastard. Just thinking about living without him made him fall back onto the pillows and cover his face with his hands, trying not to cry too hard. Of course he failed miserably. Romano rolled onto his side to face a sleeping Spain, who had thankfully not woken up during his little episode, which was technically still going on. He reached out and gently brushed a few strands of hair out his face and ran his thumb over his cheek, just to make sure he was really there. 'Should I wake him up?'  He thought. 'No, what are you crazy? He's gonna make you feel like a baby! But I really need a hug. What if he died? What if that wasn't a dream? I should make sure he's alive. Lovino, you're crazy, why the fuck would he be dead? Snap out of it!'  He argued with himself for another minute before he decided to just go with it and wake the Spaniard up. Eventually he would hear the Italian crying, so there was no use in waiting.

"Pst, tomato-bastard!" He half whispered, half yelled. "Spain wake up." He shook the brunette lightly, and thankfully it seemed to work. Spain opened his eyes half way, revealing the green that Romano loved so much.

"Lovi? Is something wrong mi amor?" He looked up and rubbed his eyes, adjusting to the dark. He sat up as fast as lightning when he saw the tears in Romano's eyes. "Roma what happened!? Are you alright?" He grabbed the other's hand and held it tightly, searching him for any injuries or something of the sort. Romano just shook his head and looked down. He felt so stupid all of the sudden, waking Spain up and crying just because he had a nightmare.

"N-Nightmare..." He muttered.

Spain's heart broke and melted at the same time. He hated seeing his precious Italian cry, but loved that he was able to make him feel better, no matter what happened. "Shh, it's okay." He cooed, enveloping the Italian in a tight hug. "Do you need to talk about it?" Romano sniffed and looked up at him.

"I-I..." He faltered. Why was this so hard? It was only a dream for tomatoes sake. "I l-lost you..." He mumbled. "You were d-dead."

Spain froze. Romano was crying this much because he'd lost him? He really did care about him!  A smile made its way across his face as he brought his precious Roma in for another hug.

"It's okay, I'm right here." Spain assured him, pressing a soft kiss to the top of his head.

"Ti amo Spagna. Ti amo tanto..." Spain's heart melted again at the Italian's words. He rarely ever said that he loved him, and whenever he did Spain's heart nearly burst.

"Yo tambien te amo. I'm not going anywhere, Roma, don't worry."

"You better not be."

Spain pulled the crying brunette onto his lap and stroked his hair softly.

"I guess someone really cares about me hm~"

"Don't push it bastard." Romano tried to snap, but he wrapped his arms around Spain and snuggled into his chest anyway. "And don't leave me." He added quietly.

"I would  never" Spain assured him, pressing a kiss to the top of his head. He laid back down, pulling Romano onto his chest and the covers over both of them. The Italian gripped his shirt tightly and pulled himself closer, breathing heavily. He smiled slightly when he felt Spain take his hand and intertwined their fingers. The brunette hummed a lullaby softly, running his thumb over the back of Romano's hand comfortingly.

"Te amo." He whispered once Romano was asleep. "Te amo para siempre."