Chapter 5

My head curls under the covers, the light down fabric encasing my body, spreading warmth throughout. My alarm blares some sort of pop song, and I have to smack it a few times to shut it up. I groan, considering today is the first day of college. Reluctantly, I slip the sheets back from my head and sit up. The sun peaks through my window, giving me a little more hope for today. After I have moved around a bit, I begin my coffee and go into the bathroom. I slowly twist the handle of the shower, and little droplets begin to fall. I grab my towel and swing it over the top of the curtain, and step in. The hot water feels good on my back, as well as the steam which wakes me up. I cleanse my body, and finally step out and dry myself off. I put my hair in a towel and twist it up, then slip into my robe and head out to the main room. I pour myself a cup of coffee, then turn on the tv loud enough so I can hear it while I'm getting dressed. I go back into the bathroom and blow dry my hair, then apply some subtle makeup. My closet is filled with clothes, ranging from dresses to pajamas. I decide to go with a light maroon sweater, white jean shorts and white converse. After I finish, I throw my bag over my shoulder and head out. I decide to go over to Freddie's and ask if she would like to walk with me to school, considering it isn't too much of a walk, and I would love to know what happened with her and the brown eyed boy.

"YO FREDDAY!" I knock at her door, and a few seconds later I hear a chain followed by a door creek. 

"Yes Aubrey?"

"I was wondering if you would want to walk with me to our first class?" Her blue eyes stare into mine as she opens the door a little more.

"Well of course! It would be an honor." She comes out laughing, fully dressed with a laptop bag at her side.

The chilly air flows through my shirt, making me shiver a bit. My hands stay tucked into my pockets, and I'm starting to reconsider the whole shorts idea.

"So, Freddo. About that boy."

"What boy?" Wow, she sucks at lying.

"Oh come on, the one you were eye fucking all night."

"We were not 'eye fucking' all night! And his name is Calum." Freddie tells me, making hand quotation marks around eye fucking.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. So, what happened? You two were gone when me and Luke came back."

"Well, we actually got to know each other really well, and had a nice conversation."

"Okay go on..." I nod my head, now a little more interested in this story.

"So, after we had our conversation, everything kinda went silent and all of a sudden his lips were against mine and it got a little eager, and well just as things were going to get a little interesting, Michael decided to walk in on us."

"That little cockblock." I huff under my breath, but I guess Freddie heard because she starts to laugh.

"I know. He basically told us to get a room, even though we were in my apartment. But he invited me over to his house later to hear his band. Would you wanna come? For moral support?"

"Sure. It could be fun." I shrug, considering I could probably fit time after group.

We finally arrive on campus, and the lot is filled with colorful trees and happy students. The brick buildings are widely spread, and the sidewalks stretch everywhere. It takes us a little bit, but finally we reach the right building. Students scatter throughout the hallways, trying to find their first class as well. Me and Freddie stay close together, and after twenty minutes of searching, we finally find the English room. I'm so lucky we decided to head out early, because as we step into the classroom, the session is about to start. The professor gives us a warm welcome as we take our seats.