Chapter 5

I laughed.

I literally laughed.

Really?

I kept laughing, not even bothering to stifle my laughter because I knew it wouldn't work out.

"I don't think it looks like a Grim," Hermione said flatly.

I walked up to her and grinned.

"Up top, sista."

She rolled her eyes at me and I turned to Professor Trelawney. She looked at Hermione with dislike.

"You'll forgive me for saying so, my dear-"

I cut her off.

"What, does that mean like, she has to forgive you or her entire future will be messed up? Like, what is with that? You'll forgive me for saying so, my dear. Does that mean she'll be forced to for-"

"Shut up, Dawn," Hermione sighed.

Professor Trelawney acted like she didn't hear me.

Rude.

"-But I perceive very little aura around you. Vrey little receptivity to the resonances of the future."

A boy named Seamus Finnigan stared at the cup, tilting his head from side to side.

"It looks like a Grim if you do this," he said, with his eyes almost shut, "but it looks more like a donkey from here," he said, leaning to the left.

I snorted and looked at the cups.

"They look like an ordinary dog to me. Ooh! I'll name them Snuffles!" I said, trying to stick my finger in my cup to pet it.

"When you've all finished deciding whether Dawn and I going to die or not!" said Harry.

I looked at Harry.

"Whoa, Har. Calm down, mate. We're not going to die. It's just leaves in a teacup." I said, rolling my eyes.

Harry blushed.

"I think we will leave the lesson here for today," said Professor Trelawney with a misty voice, "Yes... please pack away your things..."

Silently, the class took their teacups back to Professor Trelawney. I dropped mine tripping over flat ground.

We packed away our books and closed our bags. I was the only one not avoiding Harry's eyes.

"Harry, it's not real. It's a leaf. In a teacup." I told him as we got ready to leave.

"Until we meet again, fair fortune be yours. Oh, and dear" - she pointed at Neville - "you'll be late next time, so mind you work extra-hard to catch up."

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I descended Professor Trelawney's ladder and the winding stair in silence,then set off for Professor McGonagall's lesson. It took us so long to find our classroom that, even though we left Diviniation early, we were only just in time.

I panted and followed Harry to a seat right at the back of the room. I sat next to him, glaring at whoever shot him glances. And then, when it happened again, I cracked.

"SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE. STOP STARING. IT'S JUST A DEATH THREAT! I MEAN, LAST YEAR YOU HAD A STUPID BASILISK, AND THE YEAR BEFORE THAT VOLDEMORT HIMSELF WAS IN THIS SCHOOL. SO REALLY, THIS SHOULD BE NOTHING."

Everyone turned to me, wide-eyed.

You're right, Dawn. You are absolutely right.

Thank you, Snuffles.