Day 1

Dear Diary,
There's a new boy in my home room class. When the teacher introduced him he kept staring down at the floor. He wears a black hoody covering up his face. I wonder what hides behind the black fabric. I wonder. Mrs. Danielle says his name is Chase. Oh Chase, what could you possibly have to hide?

Lunch 12:34 PM

I asked my friends if they knew anything about him. They said they knew nothing about the suspicious boy. I asked of they could look on an of their social media to see if he has any kind of profile that explains him. Chase sits in the outside lunch area. In the rain. Claire said she could not find any Chase Reese profile. Nothing.

It was a quite gloomy day outside. Why would Chase be sitting out there? In the rain? It confuses me but whatever pleases him doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that I don't know why he hides his face. And why he wears such dark clothing. I see that Chase has no tray of food. No lunch in a box. Nothing. I pick up my apple and tell my friends that Ill be back in a few minutes. I pull my curly blonde hair with natural brunette highlights back and I walked toward the outside sitting area.

I open the clear door, and let it close behind me as I walked out there.

I walk toward Chase Reese.

Emily: Hello, Chase Reese. I just saw you sitting out here and...you have no food. Why is that?

Chase didn't talk. He ripped some of the grass from the ground and trickled it out from his hand.

I kept talking anyway.

Emily: Okay. Here's an apple.

I placed that apple on the table waiting for him to thank me or grab it or something.

Nothing but looking at the floor.

I ducked down a little to see If I could find a face but before I saw anything Chase stood up quickly and ran fast. I turned and watched him run out of the outside area and into the lunchroom, down the hall, and he was gone.

I just wanted to see your face boy. I just want to know what your hiding. Why you make me feel so bad when I was near you. What's your secret Chase Reese?