Chapter 5

"You can't tell him, at all! If he find out he'll never want to see me again." "Hallelujah." One girl joked. "I can't believe this, I can't believe this was hidden for so long." "Just calm down." "I can't! You hid this from me for the longest time and...oh my god I can't even."

"So the big one eight is coming up, you ready?" Agnes asked, "I've been waiting since March 23rd 2012." I laughed. "I can't wait till I turn eighteen." Blue said, her birthday is in the summer. "It sucks being the youngest." "Think about it this way, when we're all thirty, you'll be twenty-nine." Agnes laughed, "that's true." "So doing anything this Saturday?" Cherry asked, "no not really. Oh wait, I'm hanging out with Brian for the afternoon, he's going to take me around town." "Oooo, is it a date?" Blue asked, "no, we're just hanging out." "Yeah and make out." "Gross." "Oh like you haven't made out." "I have and its gross." We laughed.
"No torturing today I guess." "Yeah, finally." The bell rang as I sat down in pre-calculus. "We still on for Saturday?" "We shook on it, remember?" We smiled. "Okay class, take out your notebook, got one last thing before our test we need to learn so pay attention." "Kill me now." I whispered as Brian laughed. "Is there anything you'd like to share with the class Mr. Prescott?" "No, sir." I laughed. For the rest of the class, we were joking around as we took notes. It was like a different side I saw in Brian. He's not this jock on the football team, he's a real guy.

"What's wrong?" "Don't worry about it, I'm just pissed how my family is pretending to be stupid. All I did was ask them a simple question." "And that would be?" "I just asked if I was from this planet." "You're on that again?" "I'm sorry that I feel different. And I'm sorry that maybe I'm realizing I don't look like anyone in my family. I feel like a mirror with one side me but the reflection is different." "You're you, some people don't look like each other in families." "No, I look different." He was confused. "Ugh, you don't understand!" "Wait, wait a minute, hold on. I understand what you're talking about, I just don't see it." "Then how come I feel it?"

The door bell rang. "You ready?" Brian asked, "Yup." "Have fun, sweetie, drive safe." Mom kissed me on the forehead as I took my purse and walked out with Brian. "Who drivin'?" I asked, "I have my car so it would make sense." I laughed, "that's true." He was mesmerized by how I looked with my hair up and make up with a strapless short dress and heels. "You look amazing." I smiled, "thank you, and you look...handsome. I like the dress shirt with the jeans." We laughed, "didn't have to be formal, right?" "No."
When we arrived in town, we parked the car in a garage and explored town. "It almost seems like New York." "I've always wanted to go there." It gave me an idea. But for the next four hours maybe, we explore everything in town. Went to museums and had something to eat. Brian bought me a stuffed animal and we went to all the music stores. "I can't dance." "Just try, I'll teach you!" I taught him box steps and twirls and dips. "You're not that bad." We laughed. And we went to the movie theater to make fun of the lame movies they were showing until we were chased out. I couldn't run in heels so Brian carried me piggyback. Then I got a text message, "it says I have to go home right away." "Is it important?" "Must be if I have to go right away." He shrugged, "then let's get back to the garage.

"I had the best afternoon ever." I smiled, "and the best birthday?" He asked, "so far, yeah." I laughed. "Do you have to go home right away?" I asked, "no, not really, why?" "Do you want to spend the rest of my birthday with me? In my house?" He smiled, "sure." We went inside and everything was quiet, "just give me a second." I put my purse down, "Mom?! You home?" "Yes sweetie." "Why did you want me home so early?" "Just come into the kitchen." I shrugged. "Come with me." "Okay." He smiled. "What's up." Mom pointed to the outside, "Surprise!" Everyone shouted. "Holy crap." It was Fran, Agnes, Blue, Rhea, Cherry, Dad, Xena, Bee, Frank Jr, Darren, Grandma and Grandpa, my two cousins who live in Tennessee with us along with my aunt and my uncle. "You guys didn't have to do this for me." "Oh but we did." Fran smiled. "We'll come outside dead and give your grandparents a hug." I laughed as I walked outside. "Mrs, Fisher?" "Yes, Brian." "Your daughter is really awesome." He smiled, "just hold onto her. Cause a girl like her comes once in a lifetime and if you lose sight of her, she could disappear forever. Don't let go of that rope, ever." She smiled and walked outside. Brian followed behind her grabbing some punch and some chips.
I walked up to my parents about two hours later as they were eating some burgers. "Thank you mom and dad." "For what?" They asked, "for always being there and just being the best parents you could be. I thank you for that." I smiled, "but there's one thing." "Oh, what's that?" "Have you ever felt like you were different? Like extra terrestrial different?" I asked, "no not really, why do ask?" "I just feel different, that's all. You don't see any difference with appearance? Or eyes at least?" "No, honey." "It's just, I'm starting to have a feeling that I'm not apart of this family. Like I was adopted or something. Was I adopted?" "Why would you even consider that?" Dad asked, "we've always been your parents. Just enjoy the party, don't think about this." I got a bit suspicious but I walked away.
We had cake and ice cream and I opened some presents. I was trying to forget but I couldn't. It was stuck in my head. "Grandma?" "Yes, dear." "You'd tell me the truth, right?" I asked, "yes, of course." "Okay, I have a question. Am I from this planet?" Grandma started laughing, "grandma, this is serious." "I'm sorry, it's just, it was a silly question and I had to laugh. Of course you're from this planet." "You're telling me the truth, right?" I asked, "yes, darling, I am." "Okay." I nodded.
I got mad a little while later. No one was telling me the truth, it was all different. I sensed people lying but I just couldn't believe it. My family was lying dead straight to my face. I walked into the kitchen and paced around. "Amy, is everything okay? What's wrong?" "Don't worry about it, I'm just pissed how my family is pretending to be stupid. All I did was ask them a simple question." "And that would be?" Brian asked, "I just asked if I was from this planet." He rolled his eyes, "Really? You're on that again?" "I'm sorry that I feel different. And I'm sorry that maybe I'm realizing I don't look like anyone in my family. I feel like a mirror with one side me but the reflection is different." "You're you, some people don't look like each other in families. It has to do with DNA." "No, I look different." He was confused. "Ugh, you don't understand!" I started to walk away until Brian grabbed my arm. "Amy wait, wait a minute, hold on. I understand what you're talking about, I just don't see it." "Then how come I feel it?" I asked. Brian had to think for a second. "Maybe an old memory came back?" "Maybe, I don't know. It's all confusing." Then I had this sharp pain in my head, "AHHH!" "Amy!" I fell to my knee, I felt like there were sharp pins in my head and it was like something was screeching. "Amy, are you okay?" "Yeah, just had some sharp pain in my head." I finally calmed down.
"You gonna be okay?" Brian asked as he was the last to leave, "yeah, I believe so." "Call me if you need anything." He handed me a slip of paper with his number on it, "hold onto it, don't give it to Xena." "Hey!" We laughed, "I won't." "Goodnight." "Goodnight." I closed the door and I smiled. "You like him don't you?" Bee asked, "no, he's just a friend." "Yeah, friends with benefits." I slapped Darren upside the head. "I'm going to help clean up." I walked into the kitchen and took a slice of birthday cake as I was helping clean up. "I knew you would like the cake." Mom said, "yeah, it's my favorite, of course." I laughed. "Happy birthday, sweetie." "Thanks mom." I smiled. I think things were going to be alright, for now at least.