Chapter 27

Chapter 27

William's POV

"I'm back," she gave a weak smile.

I wanted to cry with relief. "Kassia, I-" I pulled her into a hug. "I was so scared."

Kassia didn't say anything which made me worried. Did I freak her out or something?

Instead, she hugged me back. "No need to be. I'm fine."

Now I was in overprotective mode. "Well, since you're fine...what were you thinking?! Do you know how worried we were? Do you know how worried I was?" A tiny part of me told me not to yell at her, but I was unhinged. How could she do that?

"I was thinking," she put emphasis on the word, "that since I'm half-faerie, and I just so happen to be immortal, you would need the charm more." She looked like it made perfect sense to her.

I spluttered, "I can heal fast! But you were- that rogue got you and you had all these-" I cut myself off before I went into disturbing detail about how unnerving her wounds looked. 

"I told you, I'm immortal. I can't die." Kassia said all this very calmly, which was surprising, considering I was practically screeching at her. 

I gripped her forearms and stared straight into her violet eyes. "Well, how was I supposed to know that?! You scared me to death. Don't ever do that again! I thought I lost you," I admitted. What I told her was just a fraction of my feelings. When her heart had stopped, I felt like my world had tilted on its axis.

Her eyes softened. "I guess I should've told you my plan. Even if they hurt me, I'd just regenerate again."

"I-we thought you were...you know, dead," I had to choke out the word. In that horrifying moment when I realized that she was gone, I suddenly couldn't find a meaning to my life anymore.

She glanced at the ground. "If I'm killed, then I'll technically be dead for a while, but then I'll come back again. Always. That was the first time I've ever had to...er, resurrect."

I felt a lump in the back of my throat. "I should've protected you better."

Kassia gave me a disbelieving look. "It's not your duty to protect me," she said, with the slight air of haughtiness that I detected from her occasionally. "I would've been just fine."

I went into hysterics. "You were gone, Kassia! You scared the sh*t out of me!" Seriously, I sounded like one of those overprotective moms. Geez, I'm scaring myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hanna's POV

I had literally turned my head and sobbed into Max's chest when Kassia came back to life. He had kissed my head and watched stoically.

I had to ask Kassia about her new eye color later. In all truth, the purple suited her a lot better than the blue did.

And now Will and Kassia were arguing. Actually, their argument sounded a lot like the one Max and I had in his room.

I poked his side and nodded my head at them, "Remind you of anyone?"

He smirked down at me. "Yeah, but the people I'm thinking of are way better-looking together."

Cocky. I lightly slapped his bicep. Ow my hand! Goddamn he had a good arm! "Will and Kassia are adorable together, now shut up."

"Hanna, I know I have a nice arm," Max smirked again.

Damn that boy and his mind-reading.

"And you can never say that I said this to anyone, but they are pretty cute together," he admitted.