Have you seen my cat?!

I stared at my laptop screen,mindlessly browsing through the weird realm of Tumblr whilst listening to Enema Of The State.I'd been scrolling through my dashboard for at least an hour now,I'd seen so many cat gifs and Pepe memes that I'd lost count.The whole apartment building was silent,aside from the music I was listening to,but I'd occasionally hear a door closing or an elevator which would make me jump out of my skin.I switched the album in my laptop to Infinity On High and resumed my browsing position.My eyes began to feel heavy and I started to drift off into sleep.

I was awoken not long after by a loud banging on my door,I groggily closed my laptop and went to open the door.I opened it to see my new neighbour,Tay,I think that's what her name was.She had only moved in this week so I hadn't had a chance to speak to her yet but I've seen her with her friends and I helped her to open her door when she was struggling with boxes.

"I'm so sorry to wake you up but I really need some help" she said.

"Okay..." I trailed off "What do you need help with?" I asked.

"My cat has gone missing and I can't find him anywhere and you looked really friendly when I saw you with your friends earlier so can you please help me?" she cried.

"Okay,calm down" I said "I'll help you,what's the cat's name?" I asked her.

"Catrick Stump" she told me and I chuckled.

"What?" She questioned.

"It's a funny name" I laughed "Let's start looking"

I walked up and down the corridors calling the cats name,I must have sounded fucking insane to anybody that was awake in their apartment.I walked around for at least an hour before returning back to Tay empty handed.

"Did you find him?" She asked hopefully,I shook my head.

"Dammit" she said and slumped down the wall.

"Hey,it's okay" I reassured her and sat down beside her "I'm sure we'll find him"

Tears began to build up in her eyes and she hugged her knees,I rubbed her back to try and comfort her.For a while it was silent again,but we were startled by a quiet meow.We looked at each other and it happened again.We both rushed to our feet and followed the sound into Tay's apartment,we could then hear a scratching coming from in the bathroom.She opened the door quickly and the cat ran out.

"Catrick!" Tay squealed "Oh my god,I'm so sorry" she apologised and hugged the cat.

"It's okay" I reassured her.

"I was actually talking to Catrick,but I'm sorry to you too" she replied.

We talked for a little and Tay apologised about a million times,I actually really liked Tay.I didn't know too much about her,except that she obviously likes Fall Out Boy since her cat is called Catrick Stump and that she was interested in music because in her apartment was a microphone and an acoustic guitar.She seems really nice and I definitely want to get to know her better.

"I'm gonna head home" I said.

"Oh,okay" she said and we both walked to the door.

"I really wanna make it up to you for helping me" she told me "Do you wanna go get coffee tomorrow? My treat" she offered hopefully.

"Sure" I replied with a smile and went to walk into my apartment.

"I never got your name" she said.

"It's Alex" I told her "Goodnight Tay" I said.

"Goodnight Alex"