7

part seven

"date night"

|Antonio|

One week. One week of innocent pecks and me waiting for him to get off work. A week of reminiscing on our pasts and cuddling up together, and finally I felt like I could possibly open up.

I sighed and fixed my shirt and glared at Stella who simply giggled at how childish I was being. "Stella this is serious," I spoke looking at myself in the mirror. My mind immediately began to second guess my entire outfit. "This is the first time I'll be seriously dating since Chase, hell I told that little dork my whole life story. I've known him for literally a week now"

Stella patted my shoulder, "and that took some serious balls."

I chuckled. "Thanks Stella." I hugged her earning a small giggle. My heart almost beat out of my chest as a knock sounded on my door. Of course he'd be here on time, we were neighbors.

Stella swung the door opening dramatically and placed her hands on her round hips flipping her lilac hair over her shoulder and scowling. "You take care of my boy, you hear?"

Ellis chuckled and patted her shoulder, "he'll be back by tomorrow morning I promise." they locked pinkies and Stella wore a smile I'd rarely seen before.

Ellis grabbed my hand and grinned like a child. "You look good enough to eat." he winked playfully as we exited the house.

"You look quite delectable yourself," I leaned down and whispered in his ear. "Jack."

He turned to me and pouted, "that's not fair" he pushed me away and yet our fingers remained interlocked. I chuckled as we neared my car.

...

As we neared the restaurant Ellis pecked my cheek, "that place looks awesome." he whispered as we entered.

"Reservation for Esposito." The lady smiled warmly and led us to a table well secluded from all the other tables. As we took a seat Ellis grinned at me and my heart fluttered a bit my chest.

"Thank you," he whispered. "This is really nice."

The waiter walked up with a polite smile, "what can I get you two?" 

Ellis bit his lip and scanned the menu finally deciding on some steak special and I got the same thing because in all reality the only thing I wanted for dinner was him.

...

After dinner Ellis walked beside me clumsily with our hands never leaving each other's. I stopped as we neared a bridges that overlooked the stars.

"Ellis," I spoke quietly. "I've known you for a week and day."

He chuckled, "same here."

I sighed, "Usually I meet people in a hour and leave them the same hour," I took a deep breath. "Usually people don't stay around or I end up pushing them away, and with you it's a whole new thing. Like it's crazy that I spilled my guts out to you the same night I first met you. Word's cannot describe why it is that I believe in you so much that it hurts, but at the expense of sounding super fucking cheesy, I really like you Ellis."

He sighed and stared up at the stars, "Wow, that sorta blows my little speech out of the water. I was going to tell you that I really enjoy being around you and I felt like I could open up and you know at the expense of sounding like a complete biter, I really, really like you Antonio."

I grabbed him by the waist and twirled him around connected our lips quite abruptly. After a while of him kissing back it turned into a soft giggle.

"So to ask you properly," I grinned. "Will you go out with me?"

He nodded, "sure, but only if you'll go out with me."