6

Dycinthea

"I don't wanna." I said, refusing to go to school." I'm not going."

I could barely keep my eyes open.

I had a banging headache, and dad was trying to get me to go to school.

Dad sighed. "Kat, you know I can't leave you here on your own .... What are you going to do here by yourself?"

"Dad." I groaned throwing the covers over my head. "You're acting like you can't trust me...I'm not a baby no more, I could take care of myself." I said, knowing how it made him feel."I won't do nothing stupid. I promise...I'll take the pills and everything."

I opened a little hole in the blanket because it was getting hot in there, and I wanted to see his expression.

He was just standing, conceiving his decision. He still didn't even have on his work clothes.

Dad exhaled brushing his face with his hand, something he does when he's complicated.

I felt bad for stressing him. Especially for what I told him last night.

I got off the bed, and walked up to dad wrapping my arms around him, giving him a big hug.

"Please daddy," I said, my head against his chest, listening to his heart beat steadily. "I'll call you if something happens...I'll even do something productive....like watch a movie, or go for a walk or something." I finished talking, picking my head up to look him in his face.

He sighed before kissing my head through my hair. " Fine....y-you can stay."

I smiled inwardly hugging him tighter.

"Call me if anything happens, don't try doing anything you know you can't or not supposed to do, I'll cook your food now, so you don't have to worry about it. If you go out, don't talk to nobody you don't know, if you can't open a bag, use scissors. "Dad preached.

I tried my hardest not to disturb him, because I was trying to be a good daughter so he won't change his mind.

"I'll call you later on to see how you're doing." He finished. "I love you baby." He kissed my head once more, wrapping his strong arms around me, making me feel safe, yet so little.

"I love you too."

Dad tickled my sides, making me let go.

"S-Stooppp!" I yelled in between laughs. "Stop daddy!." I said running to my bed.

Ugh! I hate getting tickled.

Dad laughed. "Fine," he breathed, like he was the one who just got tickled. "Bye," he walked out the room, closing the door.

I looked for my phone in charge, but remembered I didn't put it there. I looked through my sweats which I still had on since last night. I took them off and looked through the pockets, finding the rectangular shaped object.

I turned it on, seeing that it was almost dead.

My notifications said I had a 15 missed calls, 11 voicemails and 25 messages from an unsaved number.

I didn't even bother looking at them before I deleted all of it. I don't know who it was, and I really don't care. They were probably not even important.

I put my phone in charge, and got comfortable in the bed.

I closed my eyes....moments later, sleep devoured my soul.

***

I was awakened by my phone ringing loud as hell.

What the hell!