As Fate Would Have it

A/N: The only reason I bothered to type this was because of a forced restart on my computer that made me lose a lot of progress on some of my Naga!Sephiroth X Reader stuff. I decided to upload this just to get something out. This will be an ongoing series throughout the school year. Please excuse the short chapter, the next one will have more action and be longer.

Well, this was just peachy. You simply loved humanity right now.

Not.

You were precariously from a tree by your wrists. You had no idea how long you had been there, but, it couldn't have been too long, as you still had some feeling in your arms.

Now, what on earth were you, _____, a human girl, doing hanging from a tree?

Well, it wasn't out of your will. Back where you lived, it had been a normal day. Until you were snatched off of the streets, kidnapped. Even though throughout the process, you lolled in and out of consciousness, you had managed to pick up little bits of conversation. And in doing so, you learned the purpose for your abduction.

You were to be bait, live bait. But, not for the usual predator, such as a tiger. No, you were being used for a much higher prize. A mythological creature known as a naga.
Half-human, half-snake, their existence was highly doubted by the scientific community. But, recently, amateur documentation brought speculation. And with it, a large-scale hunting market. As rumor had it, they were impartial to human flesh. So, the best way to bring one in, you had to use a human as bait, preferably live. Given their excellent sense of smell, and ability to hear, they would easily be able to locate prey within miles. A simple cloth gag was placed over your mouth to prevent you from getting any form of a comprehensible cry for help out.

Of course, you were pissed and disgusted beyond belief. Who the hell would traffic their own species and endanger them in such a manner!? You knew they were watching. They had to be if they were going to catch this, so-called naga. You'd be more than happy to spit in their faces.

You heard some small rustling noises in the nearby brush/ No, you must have been to delirious from the scorching evening tropical heat. Some small animals and birds had scurried past you during your short stay, nothing too big or threatening. But, from the bending foliage told you that something much bigger than a small mammal or a pretty bird was approaching.

A muscular arm moved away some tall ferns and a head emerged from the green plants. Thank God! Someone had managed to hear your pleas and was here to help you!

You celebration was short-lived as the rest of them emerged. Obviously, a very handsome man had discovered you. He had a crown of gorgeous auburn hair. His chest was more than nice, he was very well built. His stature was complimented with creamy, porcelain skin. From his waist down, his legs were replaced with a serpentine tail. It had a speckled pattern consisting of various browns and hints of red. His underbelly was a pale yellow-brown, almost white.

T-they really did exist! There was a real, living, breathing one right in front of you! He was very interested, perhaps a little too interested.

Clearing away the remaining amount of brush he slithered towards you. Your heart skipped several beats before it resumed the ability to beat consistently and pounded erratically. You were royally screwed. After all, nagas' did have a taste for human flesh His movements were interesting, human, but also animalistic. Within seconds he was directly in front of you, eye-to-eye. Now that you could see them, you cloud tell that he had sparkling blue eyes, with snake-like slits to match. He was looking curiously, he seemed to be almost confused. You broke eye contact to shut yours tightly and turned your face away from his, preparing for the immense pain that was sure to come. You felt his hand gently touch your face, almost stroke it.

Your body began to shake uncontrollably as your prepared for the worst.

"Stop shaking, I'm not going to hurt you."