Catnip?

By: maryclaire321

Haymitch and Willow shut the door as they leave for the Hob. Leaving Peeta and I alone for once. I touch my belly as the baby inside wants me to tell Peeta about him or her. "Just wait little guy."

"Who are you talking to?" Peeta walks in the room covered in flour from baking cheesy buns with our four-year-old daughter.

My hands are on my stomach, still a mistake I never meant to make. "Why are your hands- oh my god Katniss, are you?"

"Yes." He pulls me into one of his bear hugs and kisses me, one of which I'll never forget, one always leaving me to beg for even more.

"Want to help me get the buns out of the oven?" He asked clueing me into a trick I don't get.

"Okay." We walk into the kitchen, and he grabs a handful of flour and throws it onto my face. "What was that for?" I ask laughing and amused.

"For not telling me sooner." We share another kiss. His lips leave mine as he speaks his way with words to me, "Ever hear from Gale?"

"Nope," I look at him straight in the eye, but he avoids mine,"Did I say, 'I do' on that very special day I had with you?"

"Yes," he said, still avoiding my gray eyes.

"That means I love you, not Gale, never him." He looks back at me,"Peeta, will you stay with me?"

"Always." We share another beautiful kiss.

"I do miss him, but I'll never love anybody, but you." We look at each other with forgiveness that will never fade for each other, always there in need.

"I miss him to, Katniss, he never liked me, but I looked at him as a friend. He didn't accept my offer." He looked into my eyes.

"You never know Peeta, he can be re-"

He puts his finger on my lips and whispers,"Just forget about it."

Our lips crash together, and I feel the fire still burning on my lips after I pull away. "I love you so much, Peeta."

"I love you too." He kisses the top of my head lightly as Willow bursts through the door.

"Mommy, Daddy, I brought you somebody, he said he knew you well." Haymitch has the biggest grin on his face as he picks up Willow.

The door opens even wider to show the person I've missed for years and his new family.

Gale.

"Catnip."

This is the last one-shot it is finally over. maryclaire321 you can PM me whatever prize you want.