7 ❁ Inversed Universe

rating / general

genre / ParallelWorld!AU, fluff, romance

summary /

imagine a world where time had been bent, where everything was suddenly the opposite. where Nobume is innocent.

_________________

    The world swirled like a black hole, and colors whirled like a kaleidoscope. Woah, it was amazing, rainbows after rainbows and no matter how complicated it all was, it was pretty and it didn't make Nobume dizzy.

She didn't feel lightheaded, she only felt..different.

That wasn't exactly a good thing, because she didn't know she was no longer herself after the magic had happened.

_____

"A kidnapper is on the loose," Hijikata ordered with a fire, "catch him before he victims another."

The officers he was talking to didn't have to hear anything else. Their response was immediate; running off to search and ask witnesses, spreading positions and looking for evidence.

"Worked up again, devil-san?" Okita's sleepy voice rang as he leaned on the Japanese sliding doors of the headquarters. "It's morning, can you slow down?"

"Morning my butt. It's 10 minutes until noon, lazy ass. It's about time you get fired for going up late," Hijikata retorted, slamming a stack of paper on his table. He had no idea what they were, but as long as they're important, they're going to be on his desk and no one will touch them.

"You know Gori-san will never do that," Okita smirked, slipping his jacket on sluggishly.

"Then I will do it for him," Hijikata couldn't help but laugh at his genius comeback, and stood straight to emphasize his feeling.

Okita snickered, rushing off towards the exit. "I'll someday steal that position of yours," he grumbled, annoyed, "but first I'll catch this kidnapper to show who's the real lazy ass here."

"Let's see if you can," the superior laughed like the devil he was as he caught sight of Okita running to arrest the crook to prove himself.

_

Okita had been walking for two hours already, he believed he had explored the whole district with all the steps he had taken.

He was sweaty since it was 2PM and the sun was the hottest during this hour, torturing Okita with its extreme heat. He could handle just as much yet he's feeling he's going to die of thirst. He needed a shower or some sort, forgetting that he had woken up and immediately started the chase with this damned kidnapper.

He hadn't seen any fellow officers, and that was convenient for him, since he was selfish and he wanted to catch the kidnapper himself. Though help wouldn't be so bad, he took back.

It would be nice if a random cloud came passing by and dropped so much rain, but that thought was quickly dismissed because of the clear summer sky.

Okita grunted and stopped by at a stall to buy a bottle of water and just pour it all on himself. He must be fresh if he wanted to look for the kidnapper for the next two hours.