III - Farewell

farewell - an act of parting or of marking someone's departure.

Aubrey's POV

"Mia!! Keep still!" I complain as I try to gently swipe her eyeliner on, making her eyes look symmetrical. However he constant movement makes it incredibly difficult.

"I'm trying!" she groans in reply "It's not that easier!"

"Want me to duct tape you to the chair so you quit twitching? Because that's what I'm willing to do if you don't let me give you perfect eyes." I groan.

"PMSing central in the girls bathroom, stay away unless you want to be hit in the face with a brick. Or more like a tube of moisturizer and a Mac lipstick. Like 27 times." Lauren always makes us crack up, shit mood or not.

"Alright Lauren, quit the jokes you're making me ruin her eye makeup!" I try to compose myself so I don't make a squiggle with the eyeliner pen. "If I screw it up I have to remove it all and restart, and when I wipe it off, the eye shadow comes off too."

"Well don't talk any of that makeup gibberish around me, I don't know ANYTHING about makeup." Lauren replies, discarding the fact almost instantly that I told her not to make jokes.

I sigh and continue painting strokes of eyeliner along Mia's eyelids and swiping off, making a cat eye look, and also attempting to make her eyes completely symmetrical.

"Done!" I eventually sigh in relief, after finally completing her eye makeup. "Now for some blush and lipstick!"

"Ooh! Nice!" she smiles as she looks at herself in the mirror. "More natural than my liking, but I look better than usual! Thanks!"

"Haha, now to tend to your hair!" I smile, as I brush through her hair, incredibly hard to brush due to all of the product in her hair. "Jeez, you put heaps of product in it! It's so matted!"

"Haha" she giggles as I finally rip all of the tangles out of her hair. I lather it with dry shampoo and brush it through, finally smoother and straight. I spray organic hair spray in her hair, and it looks silky, smooth, and natural.

"Your hair looks so beautiful and natural!!" Lauren cries as she notices how beautiful Mia's hair is. "Me next!!"

"Alright then!!" I say as I send off Mia to change into something more decent, and sit Lauren down in the chair in front of me.

I begin parting her hair down the center and clipping it back, then I wipe off all of her makeup and for the first time, I see her natural skin, and it's beautiful.

"Lauren!" I gasp in shock "Why do you wear makeup, your skin is flawless!"

"It may be flawless, but it's pale, and dead looking. I'd rather cover it up than look like a zombie that just slept in a coffin." she scolds herself, I shake my head at her low self-esteem.